This is a flexible, hybrid role for a candidate who combines solid financial analysis skill with a creative, collaborative mindset. We need an organized multi-tasker who is great at explaining numbers to non-number types, and a partner who wants to help build something and is willing to wear some not-so-typical hats, literally and/or figuratively.
A sense of humor is essential, and a love for good food and drink is a nice plus.
Some experience with restaurant, retail, and/or hotel accounting and bookkeeping is helpful, and some actual field experience in one or more of those industries is preferred. Former dishwashers, bartenders, and cashiers who went on to learn accounting are encouraged to apply!
Specific duties include:
- Oversee the day to day management of financial data and transactions
- Maintain acccurate balance sheets, cash flow projection, trend reports
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual finacial reports for a collection of restaurants and bars
- Devise, produce, and maintain smart reports to show key metrics for the business; other ad hoc reports as needed
- Work with managers and executives to raise the overall level of awareness and understanding of The Numbers
- Participate actively in budgeting and forecasting
- Work with accountants and others to prepare tax returns timely and accurately
- Manage expense accounts and reimbursements
- Ensure that all transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
This Job Is: