A small manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant at their Milwaukee plant.
Summary: Under the direction of the Controller or her designee, the Accounting Assistant has responsibility for the following key functions:
- Payroll processing, time and attendance, deductions processing, labor reporting
- Calculating, recording, reporting and depositing all payroll related taxes & fees
- File all payroll related tax returns: monthly, quarterly and annual in a timely manner
- Help track and administer 401(k) and SEP plans
- Process customer invoices and vendor invoices.
- Maintain open accounts payable, receivable and vendor records, post cash, track deductions, process credits
- Make collection calls, follow-up on disputes, answer Customer questions
- Make journal entries for payroll and receivables, analyze and reconcile accounts and accruals.
- Maintain appropriate files, records and documents related to payroll and receivables
- Special projects as assigned
- An associate or bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience with responsibility for payroll taxes.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, payroll practices, payroll taxes and payroll tax returns.
- Requires strong intermediate math, spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Requires superior interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with employees, staff, management and customers.
- Ability to find, understand and apply local, state and federal rules and regulations relating to payroll and payroll taxes.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to follow and enforce policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality of employee and company information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules