An innovative and rapidly growing food manufacturing facility requires a Product Developer.
- Working with the Plant Manager(s) on product vision for each outlet of the business to design and develop new products
- Creating and producing a variety of muffins & donuts and other baked goods
- Coordinates the product development process including product formulation, working with procurement on sourcing ingredients and suppliers, developing prototypes, lab testing, overseeing plant trials and gaining approvals, then setting final product specifications
- Investigates and resolves product variations by isolating the factors that impact the integrity of the product and communicates necessary changes to the production team
- Ensures the quality of new and existing products through sample testing, trial runs and experiments
- Working with Sales Team on having all of the proper ingredients on hand and educating them on new products so they can present them to new and current clients
- Developing new and creative baked goods for retail and wholesale
- Working with Finance Department on Cost Analysis for new and or current products for Retail and Wholesale
- Completing a nutritional analysis of Wholesale products and communicating with our Label Team to create new packaging and labels for Wholesale Products
- Supervise product launches, ensuring recipes & specifications are followed by the Production team; training bakery staff on product specifications, verifying quality, troubleshooting where necessary.
- Keep abreast of the food/bakery trends such as baking techniques and packaging
- All other duties as assigned
- Ensuring the operating system is updated and current and BOM is accurate and matches plant floor documentation.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science (Food Science preferred); and/or Culinary Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of product development/baking experience required;
- Good Knowledge of working with mother yeast.
- Good knowledge of plant processes & equipment, ingredient functionality, and food regulations;
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, employing a patient and consultative approach;
- Excellent organization & planning skills; * Committed & energetic with strong attention to detail;
- Passion for innovation and food
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian
immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We also encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Product Development: 2 years (Preferred)