ENTERTAINMENT CENTER GENERAL MANAGER
Voted one of the "Coolest Bowling Alleys in America", PINZ has been an iconic landmark in the Los Angeles area for over 60 years. More than a bowling alley, this Family Entertainment Center is home of Jerry's Famous Deli, ample banquet and entertainment space, and a game and arcade zone. This Entertainment Center has a prime Ventura Boulevard address in Studio City and is landlord to several local and national retail tenants.
General Manager is responsible for business leadership and top-level management of the Center, including all aspects of operations, financial performance, and oversight of the real estate asset. The GM develops and implements strategies to meet business goals. He or she provides the vision to drive a culture of exceptional customer service.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Reporting directly to the Vice President of Development, the General Manager will recognize business opportunities and align the team to carry out actions to bring them to fruition.
* Develop short and long-term strategic plans, and lead efforts to maximize the profitability of the asset.
* Review financial reports and P&L statements and report to the VP on the Center's performance.
* The GM is the first line of contact for tenant relations and property management.
* He or she represents the asset's ownership in the community, with tenants and staff.
Operations/Management: The GM has bottom line accountability for the operation of the Center, which is open 365 days a year, including:
* Drive the operation's financial performance through sound operational practices carried out by a well-managed, trained and supervised team.
* Prepare, monitor and report on budgets.
* Hiring, training and managing the Center's managerial staff.
* Provide developmental coaching of direct reports to achieve established goals.
* Direct the food and beverage service options for PINZ, and maximize effectiveness of providers.
* Create company policies, budgets and guidelines, and communicate them across functional departments.
* Lead by example and foster high staff morale and a culture of excellent performance.
* Ensure guest relations and event productions are performed with exceptional satisfaction ratings.
* Overseeing safety, risk management, and the overall appearance and functionality of the Center.
* Membership and involvement in bowling trade associations to drive best practices.
Marketing and Business Development: The GM directs programs to expand the PINZ brand, including:
* Develop and implement successful marketing strategies.
* Create and direct effective social media campaigns.
* Evaluate sources of revenue to maximize marketing dollars.
* Allocate the marketing budget and oversee marketing and promotional programs.
* Managing third party service agreements to ensure achievement of desired results.
* Develop new sources of business and expand banquet and party operations.
* Community leadership and involvement with local events and causes.
* Create innovative plans to continually improve community support, including participation in Chambers of Commerce and Business Improvement District, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred in business, marketing, finance or related field.
* Ten years' experience in an executive level role with a combination of:
o Business and operations management
o Marketing, including social media
o Food and Beverage management
o Facility and property management
o Business development
o Budget development, P&L responsibility
o Event production
o Staff management (hire, train, supervise performance)
o Guest relations
o Project Management
* High level of accountability
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Excellent team and people developer
* Sound judgment and decision making
* Highly analytical with a strong financial aptitude
* Working knowledge of PC based systems
* Proficient with MS Office
* Familiarity with POS systems, bowling systems a plus
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Highly developed interpersonal skills with a keen sense of customer service and guest relations
Job Type: Full-time