Our company specializes in archival footage for films and web related projects worldwide. The ideal candidate is articulate, outgoing and proactive and has some depth of experience in sales, archiving and editing, as well as post-production skills.
Our client list includes:
ABC News, Amazon, BBC, Cartoon Network, CBS News, Dick Clark Productions, Dreamworks, Harpo Studios Inc, HBO, Industrial Light and Magic, Intel, Levis, Macy's, Motley Crue, MTV, National Film Board Of Canada, NFL Films, National Geographic, Nike, Oracle, Playboy Enterprises, Ridley Scott Associates, Sony Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures, World of Wonder and Universal Studios.
- Archiving * Database management
- Sales: Strong customer service skills: Proven ability to educate clients, negotiate rates within company standards and contract specifics, and close sales.
- Research and compilation of multi format media materials (film, videotape, digital files) * Technical and logistical support of analog and digital media, media migration, data storage and backup * Client interaction and correspondence * Technical systems configuration and troubleshooting
- A working knowledge of Filemaker Pro and Final Cut Pro * Familiarity with multiple analog and digital file formats and non-linear editing systems Understanding of time-code principle * Computer and video hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting experience * An understanding of 16mm film and analog video equipment, digital software and editing tools * A working knowledge of: MSWord, Excel and Photoshop, Mac OSX operating systems and data backup procedures.
Useful Skills / Plusses
- Web and IT experience * Knowledge of historical events and use of stock footage in documentary, commercial broadcast and web based programming * Hands on experience with 16mm and small gauge film
- Academic degree in Film Media and/or Library Sciences is a plus!
Feature films, documentaries and broadcast projects we've worked on include Milk, Steve Jobs, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Transparent, and many more.
We look forward to welcoming you as an integral part of a small and growing creative company. Please include a brief letter of interest detailing your relevant qualifications and experience along with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Final Cut Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mac OS: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Francisco, CA (Preferred)