Job Title: Leasing Manager
Reports to: Property Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Responsible for supervising and managing leasing operations and assisting in the integrated marketing program at a designated property location to maximize the number of occupied apartments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and manage leasing team in all aspects of leasing operations
- Develop, cultivate and maintain exceptional customer service relationship with prospective and current residential community
- Ensure leasing agents respond to all leads received via internet, text, email or telephone. Make sure that follow-up telephone calls, texts and emails are processed to all qualified prospective residents as per company guidelines
- When necessary, greet prospective residents and conduct property tour to close all qualified prospective residents
- Ensure traffic and leasing activity is consistently entered correctly in designated database
- Review all documents, data and information necessary to qualify applicants. Notify Property Manager when file is ready for approval or denial
- Work with management to discuss performance, communicate recommendations regarding pricing, apartment availability and general operations
- Assist Property Manager in the execution of established Leasing policies and procedures as well as retention and renewal programs
- Create, coordinate and maintain leasing agent work schedules
- Prepare weekly competitive survey, stay abreast of market trends as well as competitor rent and occupancy
- Effectively communicate rented apartment status to Maintenance Department
- Respond to resident requests and resolve concerns as needed
- Monitor occupancy and availability of units
- Assist in on and off-site marketing programs that include, but are not limited to, outreach and marketing to brokers, preferred employers, referral programs, activity and rapport with local business community and the like
- Responsible for resident retention efforts including the arrangement of, and participation in, resident-based social events
- Make sure the leasing and hospitality areas are attractively decorated and that fresh coffee, cookies, and other refreshments are always available.
- Walk the entire leasing tour route every morning to make sure all common areas are in market ready condition
- Conduct regular inspections of model and vacant units to identify areas in need of cleaning or maintenance and items in need of repair
- Review all property signage to ensure it is in market ready condition, properly lighted and visible to street traffic
- Comply with local and federal Fair Housing Standards
- Perform other job-related duties and assignments as required
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and follow-up abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated, proactive and deadline oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, vendors and employees at all levels of the Organization
- Patience and the ability to react to stressful situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of established leasing practices and procedures
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, and at least three (3) years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), internet, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.).
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is primarily performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect inside and outside areas of the property location and may be exposed to on-going construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Our Organization is an EEO Company that provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all full-time regular Employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leasing: 3 years (Required)