- Bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the delivery of Communications programming at Confederation College;
- Design/develop and deliver courses, labs and/or workshops;
- Actively contribute to and care about student success by engaging students in the classroom and lab environment, in both traditional classroom settings and through distance delivery;
- Utilize alternate delivery methods such as video conferencing, online learning and other distributed learning formats and evaluate student progress and achievement using a variety of evaluative tools;
- Provide a learning environment that makes effective use of available resources while incorporating a variety of teaching and learning strategies to ensure learner awareness of curriculum, their academic progression and evaluation of learning;
- Contribute to the regular and ongoing development of Communications courses, including the selection of appropriate learning resources;
- Actively participate as a team member in departmental functions, initiatives and committee work within the School of Business, Hospitality and Media Arts and the College as a whole.
All positions at Confederation College must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Detailed description of responsibilities per the classification definition of Professor in the Academic Collective Agreement (http://www.thecouncil.on.ca). This position involves up to 36 weeks of assigned contact per academic year, and may be in any of three semesters at the College’s discretion, and may include weekend work.