Prepare and submit cost estimates and tender documents to various land developers and Municipal/Regional agencies.
- Obtain and review various land development and reconstruction projects/contracts for bidding purposes;
- Conduct detailed quantity take-offs for projects/contracts;
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and tender documents;
- Participate in negotiations with Developers and Owners during the tender award process;
- Prepare project/contract costing summaries for accounting purposes once awarded;
- Liaison with various sub-contractors and suppliers during the tender preparation process and post tender award period;
- Participate in field visits and pre-tender meetings during tender process;
- Ensure and enforce compliance to all company, client and legislated Safety policies and procedures;
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Business Acumen;
- Organizational Awareness;
- Critical Judgment;
- Resource Management;
- Results Management;
- Financial Budgeting, Planning and Reporting.
Education and Experience
- Engineering degree or CET a definite asset;
- Three to five years of experience working within a civil construction or a related environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Primavera (or Project);
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications: Microsoft Office, Internet;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Strong keyboard skills;
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Typical office hours: Monday to Friday -8:30 am - 5:00 pm; additional hours may be required;
- Insignificant physical effort. Requires a moderate amount of sitting for prolonged periods of time while using the computer.
Great environment to work in. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. If you are qualified and interested in this role, please apply today!
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Company is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Company is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time