23 Stories is the creative and event agency of Condé Nast. Its mission is to create the most culturally relevant advertising and branded experiences in the world. We sit at the nexus of a creative community responsible for Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, Bon Appetit and 20 other iconic media brands. Since its launch in 2015, 23 Stories has grown into a next generation creative and experiential agency. The full suite of services offered by 23 Stories now includes ad creative, content development, experiential, talent and consulting services.
We are a team of Designers working across brands within CNX, the agency of Conde Nast. We exist
to envision and create beautiful, compelling designs. We think beyond the norm to advance the organization into new and emerging spaces. Our work provides a platform on which brands and editorial work can thrive. We believe that a well-formed culture is an essential ingredient for
producing work that changes the way we look at things.
The Senior Designer works collaboratively as a key part of our creative team to ensure the materials being created are within the brand and of the highest quality. It is crucial for the Senior Designer to effectively communicate and articulate conceptual ideas, detailed design and design rationale, both verbally and visually. Working within a growing, fast-paced environment, you are self-sufficient and hands-on, and have prior experience leading projects. You must be highly receptive to feedback and creative direction, and demonstrate the ability to pivot quickly to meet the demands of the team. As the Senior Designer, you are responsible for the conceptual development, direction and delivery of
all visual deliverables.
- Support design leads and team members by proactively driving the design process.
- Influence the elevation and evolution of the design team with comprehensive knowledge of design principles and cultural trends.
- Create high level presentations and design solutions that communicate creative concepts in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Work closely with Creative Directors, copywriters, producers, strategy and leadership teams, while also having the ability to work independently when needed.
- Understanding and experience in the production process (pre/production/post)
- Attention to detail and care for design execution, through all phases.
- Shape the visual language across all internal/external projects, from pitch to postproduction, mixing strong and exciting art direction, design thinking in a multitude of formats, and shaping concepts to fit with Condé Nast brands and our partners goals.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions and constructive design critiques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working at an agency and/or in-house.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your design work and demonstrating a high level of composition, typography, layout, and concepting.
- A solid understanding of design principles and should be knowledgeable in the areas of motion design, branding, and UI/UX.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Applications , Keynote and Powerpoint.
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills, helping strategize visual direction across multiple mediums to help solve client challenges and needs.
- Knowledge of Condé Nast brands and its properties.
- Video production knowledge.
- Knowledge of experiential program production.
- Proficiency and experience in print production.
- Working knowledge of motion graphics, UI/UX.
- Ability to oversee and direct junior designers when needed as well as work with outside illustrators, motion graphic artists, photographers, and editors.
- Refined taste in art and culture with an eye for design.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.