Co/Lab is Condé Nast’s digital core, consisting of team members across 10 categories, including business development, monetization, data, technology, product, design, audience development, digital assets, content, and strategy, that work to support our legendary media company both from a collaborative centralized team and from positions embedded within each brand. The group’s collaborative spirit fosters creativity and connectivity among Conde Nast’s brands, and enables transformative experiences for consumers and business partners alike. Over the last two years, Condé Nast has emerged with one of the strongest digital media businesses in the market, with a 76% increase in audience, a 56% increase in digital revenue, and a 132% increase in engagement.
Technical Product Manager
- Provide clear product direction and generate alignment with the platform engineering teams.
- Establish quarterly objectives and track performance against key results that map to the platform’s overall goals.
- Build a roadmap to accomplish the team’s quarterly objectives in a manner consistent with the overall mission and vision of the platform.
- Prioritize the backlog to balance business priorities, platform goals and user needs.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and catalogue the diverse needs of the organization.
- Promote a culture of hypothesis-driven product development by using data and research to inform and validate platform features.
- Investigate opportunities to accelerate and scale the creation of training datasets.
- Track and analyze key data and model quality and coverage metrics.
- Document use cases, test and rollout plans for new features.
- Perform acceptance testing for new features.
- Promote empathy for the developer as the primary user of the platform core and balance their needs with the concerns of the business.
- Evangelize the platform and associated projects to help accelerate feature adoption across all areas of the business.
Skills & Qualifications
- 6-8 years managing digital products.
- Experience managing product teams.
- Demonstrated success in creating and improving innovative digital products.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and sense of responsibility.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- At least three years in a data-intensive role, preferably in a product management capacity but could be engineering, data science or analytics.
- Understand the basics of machine learning, NLP and Knowledge Management, including taxonomy and ontology based systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field.
- Hands-on experience designing and using APIs.
- Experience using SQL-based exploratory analytics tools.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of best practices for managing graph-based datasets.
- Understanding of technical concerns of APIs and their usage, ranging from infrastructure to developer "UX".
About Condé Nast
Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.