Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming. For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram
Why is the Manager, CRM role important?
Reporting to the Director, CRM & Engagement, this team is charged with driving subscriber engagement and retention. The Manager is a critical member of the team responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of our multichannel subscriber marketing strategy across a variety of platforms and media channels.
The Manager will play a critical role in growing and monetizing our subscriber base by leveraging data to surface insights that drive subscriber retention. The Manager will partner with the members of the CRM & Engagement team as well as product, technology, data science, operations and customer service to develop strategies to grow consumer revenue through CRM programs via email, onsite, mobile, call center etc.
A successful candidate will have a solid analytical background, be an organized team player who can communicate and collaborate across departments and levels of the organization and be a thought leader for developing new, innovative, data-driven engagement and retention programs based on marketing insights.
The Manager will:
- Partner with data and analytics teams to more deeply understand our subscribers, determine leading drivers for retention, identify audience targets key to subscription growth, and build segmentation strategies.
- Define reporting needs and ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by creating optimal processes and procedures.
- Manipulate and analyze reports across all channels (including email, site, call center, app) to derive data insights with a goal of increasing subscriber retention
- Partner with Data Science team to interpret outputs from advanced data and predictive modeling and make recommendations for segmentation.
- Partner with data teams on data integrations for targeting and advanced segmentation via new technologies
- Evaluate end-to-end customer journey across multiple channels (mobile, web, email, social, call center), surface meaningful findings and turn learnings into actionable next steps to build out robust CRM integrated marketing programs.
- Size opportunities for testing/roll-out and evaluate impacts to LTV.
- Help design test plans and assure they are set up to attain actionable learnings. Assure data sources and tracking mechanisms are set up to accurately read results.
- Provide project management support for various data driven CRM activities, including technology enhancements, new capability launches, and pilot tests.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of digital marketing and analytics experience in publishing, advertising, and/or retail organization with a deep understanding for driving engagement that translates into consumer revenue.
- Data-driven individual with the ability to manipulate large sets of data to interpret findings, analyze trends, recognize anomalies and surface insights.
- A highly analytical digital marketer with the skill to work with technology and product teams to build brand relevant loyalty and CRM marketing initiatives
- Extensive experience designing tests across multiple media channels to assure interpretable and actionable results
- An innate desire to seek out, understand and evaluate emerging technologies and then provide perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures and data management systems and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to assess priorities, multi-task and possess effective time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Conversant and able to use technology and marketing platforms and tools that can measure and drive marketing programs and conversions.
- Deep knowledge of analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, and similar tools.
- Proficient in MS office and G Suite products.
- SQL experience a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.