GQ Style curates the best of fashion and luxury for an elevated, globally minded readership. Highlighting the work of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses, while exploring design, art, travel, and beyond, it’s a magazine that celebrates the good life for the modern man.
Growth Hacker, Full stack developer
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of developers to focus on SEO (search engine optimization) growth initiatives across all brands mainly frontend , and our content platform Copilot. Our magazine brand websites have been moved onto a new Node.js and React based platform. Our content platform is also built using Node.js with Ember.js. You will work with the team building out that platform to roll out new features and enhancements across the brands.
We are looking to greatly enhance a number of areas as part of this initiative, and one of those is SEO. Your focus will be to drive the audience growth from search engines for our magazine brand websites. This role will touch on everything from front-end features, to performance tuning to back-end analytics and tools. You will work with a team of strong engineers that you can learn from and you will also have opportunities to share your learnings with them.
Why come work with us?
- The People. We are a team of engineers that are passionate about the code we write. It is routine to catch us debating about the latest trend in technology and attending meetups. We love to learn, and likewise want to teach and challenge each other to become better engineers.
- The Code. We are strong believers of "the right tool for the right job." Our main technologies include Node.js and React, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t open to other things when they make sense.
What are we looking for?
- 2-4 years of development experience delivering full-stack web products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with web application and front-end performance tuning.
- Eager to learn about new technologies and implementing these ideas in a production environment.
What would you be responsible for?
- Building SEO features for our brand websites frontend
- Build SEO plugins into our content platform Copilot.
- Creating and maintaining tools that help SEO team and other team to drive Search audience growth across our sites.
- Contributing to our core platform of common components.
- Creating new components that other engineers can use.
- Collaborating with your team on new ideas or improving existing ones
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.