Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
Condé Nast is a world-renowned media company—producing the highest quality content for the most influential audiences through iconic, beloved brands that touch upon every consumer passion point. We are powered by a culture steeped in creativity, passion and innovation. Our global marketing department is responsible for harnessing that power to create and execute the industry’s most compelling programs, initiatives and partnerships. The Director of Brand Marketing for SELF is a senior position responsible for driving brand health, working closely with VP of Brand Marketing, Chief Business Officer and respective editorial teams to ideate, design and socialize brand campaigns that drive revenue and consumer engagement. The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about SELF, a compelling public speaker in big rooms and small, and an entrepreneur-at-heart. This position sits within The Lifestyle Division at Condé Nast which oversees category revenue for CPG, Health, Home and Travel and consumer revenue for Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Condé Nast Traveler, Epicurious and SELF.
- Create, socialize and articulate brand strategies to capture revenue from key ad categories
- Proactive pipeline management: develop strategic cross-platform programs that draw endemic and non-endemic advertisers to the brand
- Develop and articulate the brand’s editorial roadmap to educate global sales and marketing teams on full suite of products, initiatives and partnerships
- Evangelize editorial programs and products internally and externally
- Spearhead weekly meetings and daily interactions with internal stakeholders to make sure editorially-led revenue requests are vetted
- Dedicated brand resource for Conde Nast’s entire global revenue team
- Director of Marketing will consult in brainstorms and work with category marketers on proactive and RFP ideation that marries advertiser initiatives with branded content concepts that are authentic to SELF ethos and brand voice
- Work closely with Head of Partnerships on revenue-driving programming for all editorial tentpole events
- Create all sales materials and act as internal spokesperson; attend sales calls to articulate and sell-through partnerships
Partnerships & Business Development
- Develop new revenue streams: Responsible for the development of sales strategy and new revenue driving products and partnerships that can be sold across all categories at Condé Nast.
- 7+ years qualifying experience in publishing, digital media or relevant brand marketing
- Deep knowledge and passion for all things women’s lifestyle including health, fitness, food, relationships and beauty
- Adheres to the brand’s four core values: inclusivity, accuracy, empathy, and autonomy
- Director of Brand Marketing must have a solid understanding of our core audience and how to develop and execute brand strategies that drive revenue growth
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent creative writer and ideator with strong presentation skills
- Independently develop creative ideas and articulate opportunities
- Self-starter who can work independently and within a team setting
- Able to successfully interface with senior-level internal stakeholders and external executives
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.