Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming. For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram
Conde Nast seeks a Communications Associate to assist with public relations activities for The Culture Division, including the brands WIRED, Pitchfork, Teen Vogue, Them, and Ars Technica. Reporting to the senior manager of communications, the candidate will be responsible for a number of strategic and administrative tasks in support of driving media attention and expanding awareness across brands.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key press materials in support of brand initiatives and announcements, including news releases, media alerts, event recaps, weekly highlights newsletter, and PR plans
- Create and maintain media lists for both trade and consumer media coverage
- Work with comms team to implement comprehensive PR plans
- Work with comms team to manage incoming media requests and coordinate details with outlet and brand spokespeople
- Pitch and secure targeted media coverage to promote editorial content, advertising/marketing programs and partnerships, signature events, staff announcements, areas of brand leadership and strong performance
- Track all media coverage; source online, print, and broadcast clips
- Monitor publications for related industry news and trends; compile regular news roundups for staff
- Work with Conde Nast corporate communications to secure and coordinate internal brand promotions
- Identify appropriate speaking opportunities and awards programs to increase visibility and engagement; manage and coordinate submission process and timeline
- Manage upkeep of bios, headshots, and press reels for brand spokespeople
- Provide logistical and onsite support for events
- Bachelor’s Degree, Journalism/English/Communications preferred
- Minimum of two years related experience required
- Prior media or publishing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for division of brands
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively work across multiple departments, teams, and disciplines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented
- Eager to learn and passionate about the content
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.