Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
GQ is looking for a savvy and self-motivated associate social media manager who can manage and grow some of the brand’s many digital platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and more. The candidate will assist the Senior Manager with all day-to-day operations critical to GQ’s social strategy.
The candidate should have experience managing large audiences for media brands, and must prove adept at both creative social content creation and the tactics that increase traffic, audience size, and social engagement.
Candidates should have a passion for the topics GQ covers - ranging from fashion to pop culture to sports – and should have a keen ear for GQ’s voice and an eye for our signature look, able to pair good taste with quantitative findings to make quick decisions on everything from copy to creative to collaborators.
- Manage and post to GQ’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Master GQ’s signature style & hone its voice and visual presentation across all channels
- Monitor social media platforms for trends and user feedback
- Communicate what’s working on these platforms to appropriate teams and stakeholders
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal and external content partners, including day-to-day management of partnerships from pitching articles to cross-posting content
- Work with marketing, PR, and various editorial teams to execute on social-focused initiatives
- Develop creative ideas and innovative strategies to grow GQ’s social presence
- Pitch ideas generated from social platforms in editorial meetings
- 2+ years of professional social media experience
- 1+ years experience at another media brand
- Skilled in spotting consumer trends and behavior through social listening; ability to build campaigns through social data
- Proven ability to hit key social and engagement metrics; familiarity with tools like SocialFlow, Slack, Parsely, DashHudson, Google Analytics
- Experience using simple photo & video editing tools like Photoshop
- Strong editorial judgment and clean writing skills
- Strong attention to written and visual detail
- Ability to work swiftly under deadlines
- Must have a vibrant and unique voice. Must be confident, collaborative, and communicative with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced media environment. Must be a team player who approaches challenges with openness and chill vibes.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.