Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming. For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram
Working closely with senior members of the Consumer Marketing team, the Associate Manager is responsible for defining programs to drive acquisition. The Associate Manager will partner with the Senior Manager to develop successful marketing campaigns to grow consumer revenue through improved click-through and conversion rates on newyorker.com. A successful candidate will be an organized team player who can communicate and collaborate across departments and levels of the organization to assist with the deployment of marketing campaigns that optimize ROI and user experience.
- Assist with the development and analysis of marketing programs/strategies and tactics for driving customer relationships, optimizing data capture and increasing subscription revenue.
- Assist with the creation of a brand relevant marketing calendar translating that calendar into actionable and detailed cross-team briefs as required.
- Collaborate with others as needed to execute 360° marketing/engagement efforts, collaborating with internal and external teams to achieve revenue and engagement goals.
- Work with Senior Manager to measure and report on results of marketing efforts assessing results against relevant KPIs/goal.
- Assist in the evaluation end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels (mobile, web, social, and strategic partners) and turn learnings into actionable next steps to quickly pivot to ensure that departmental goals are met
- Help identify and leverage, social, native and content marketing opportunities to achieve our goals
- Collaborate with Senior Manager and brand leads to maintain a consistent brand voice and messaging
- Coordinate closely with the Operations team, Art department and external partners as needed to successfully deploy campaigns.
- Identify and act on new technologies, platforms, and channels to reach and engage our audiences.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of digital marketing experience as an individual contributor in publishing, advertising, and/or retail organization with an understanding in driving engagement and consumer revenue.
- A digital marketer with an ability to work with editorial and digital product teams to develop brand relevant marketing initiatives
- An innate desire to seek out, understand and evaluate emerging technologies and then provide perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Analytically and data driven with a keen creative sensibility.
- Understanding of social media and digital marketing best practices. Seeks to stay abreast of digital marketing activities of other organizations and develop actionable insights.
- Strong ability to assess priorities and multi-task
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and take direction from multiple people
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures and content management systems
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Conversant and able to use technology and marketing platforms and tools that can measure and drive marketing programs and conversions.
- Basic HTML skills and knowledge.
- Have or develop a strong working knowledge of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Adobe Audience Manager, Parse.ly, and similar tools.
- Experience in MS office & Adobe products (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Photoshop)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below and we will review your application as soon as possible. Please note that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to each applicant in person. Should your profile fit this open position we will contact you within approximately 4 weeks. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
C ondé Nas t is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.