Posted on: November 30, 2018
Deadline: December 13, 2018
This posting represents a full-time three-year contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the incumbent is responsible for managing the daily operations and processes of the office. He/she maintains quality processes & training, excellent customer service, and operational efficiency within the work unit.
- Provide day-to-day guidance, support, and delegate work amongst the operations and administrative team.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely delivery of all operational & administrative process including job posting, interview scheduling, student placement, admissions, withdrawals, course registration, student letters of support, graduation processes, grade entry, change of sequences, data entry, office coordination.
- Cultivate deep understanding of ICE procedures and policies to act as the key resource for all stakeholders. (including staff, Concordia departments, students, employers)
- Maintain ICE systems operational (eg Orbis); contact IITS and related external vendors as required.
- Collaborate with IITS and UCS to ensure stakeholders are adequately trained on all ICE policies and procedures.
- Lead regular process reviews to optimize and increase efficiency, improve service delivery to students & employers, and to increase time for value-added activities across the Institute’s staff.
- Facilitate decision-making process on exceptional student cases & issues.
- Participate in matters regarding policy & procedures changes, funding programs, etc.
- Maintain positive working relationships with relevant internal units including the Offices of the Registrar, Admissions, and Enrollment.
- Participate and lead various Institute projects & tasks in support of the Unit’s operational and strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, operations or in a relevant field and two to four years of relevant experience in progressive management or co-operative education management experience, in a university environment; minimum one year of experience in a supervisory level.
- Master’s degree in a related field desirable.
- Experience in managing day-to-day administrative and operational duties; proven ability to affect positive change on staff members.
- Experience in the management of internships placement and experiential learning is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to rapidly learn and manage other software.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills acquired in managing student services in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior management.
- Ability to build rapport with students, faculty, staff and employers.
$56,713.00 - $65,802.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 13, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.