Reporting to the Manager, SIS Planning and Support Office, the incumbent coordinates with the user community, senior management and IITS to solve complex problems taking into account the capabilities of the systems as well as the operational constraints. The incumbent proposes and plans with the manager system upgrades, release of new features and functionality to the SIS. He/she will advise and lead the team of business analysts for all aspects pertaining to the lifecycle of the system and plays a leadership role within the team of business analyst by leveraging his/her proven analytical, communication and problem-solving skills to maximize the operating efficiency of the team.
- Lead and support the other business analysts in the daily management of the Student Information System’s operational tasks, including the processing of interfaces, file loads, management of application configuration and issue resolution.
- Analyze user reported systems issues and work closely with IITS in testing, solving and delivering solutions to problems; provide support to the manager in distributing support requests to the team of business analysts.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business requirements, recommend solutions and best practices required to implement and support the business; work closely with IITS and vendors to implement required solutions.
- Support the manager in conducting high-level analysis of enterprise wide system changes including; analysis, deployment scoping, project plan definition and business case writing.
- Provide functional guidance and support to business analysts particularly for complex issues where assistance or where project management is required.
- Participate in office planning and resource management.
- Actively participates in meetings with representatives from different services, faculties and represents the unit on official committees in lieu of the manager when required; organize and chair related meetings when required.
- Coordinates in-depth impact analysis of new features and functionalities when vendor released packages are available; supports and coordinates the necessary deployment approach with IITS and impacted units.
- Coordinates university wide testing phases (unit, scenario, user acceptance, regression) during upgrade projects.
- Provide data and reports from the system as required by the good functioning of Registrarial Services.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Management of Information Systems or related degree and 4 to 7 years of experience in team lead role or senior business analyst position.
- Experience in business analysis & business process modeling an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL developer & relational databases is desirable.
- Expertise of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and related operating framework.
- Demonstrated experience in software integration and a good understanding of enterprise system usage in a higher education context.
- Highly organized and ability to multitask who works well under pressure and short deadlines.
- Experience working with end-users, and developing and implementing solutions to meet their needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word for requirements gathering.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English to give and understand complex explanations, hypothetical questions, or abstract ideas; knowledge of spoken French is an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team as a project leader.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
$77,656.44 – $92,767.63 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 25, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.