Posted on: December 20, 2018
Deadline: January 14, 2019
This posting represents two, full-time, permanent positions.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Research Support, the incumbent is responsible for the support, management, administration and consultation of technical environments within the research space supporting Concordia University’s operational and project activities.
- Manage, administer, and support IT systems and tools in the research technology space.
- Provide consulting services and support by assessing clients’ requirements and recommending appropriate improvements and/or solutions.
- Analyze and suggest new features and research technologies to improve services through the entire lifecycle of multi-technology hardware, software, and services including computing, audio-visual, etc.
- Liaise with internal and external groups, both technical and non-technical, to identify effective IT solutions to meet research demands while maximizing efficiency of central IT services.
- Share knowledge to help resolve research related problems, act as a source of expert information and guide and train end users on University IT services.
- Restore disrupted services in a timely manner; identify the root causes of incidents utilizing Problem Management. Develop solutions to prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening, eliminate recurring incidents, and minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Provide 2nd level field and 3rd level interface support for incident management, problem management, and service requests. Act as an escalation resource and research field expert for technicians, professionals, and researchers.
- Advise, apply, and implement security configurations, make improvement recommendations, and ensure compliance with best practices and associated security policies adhering to Concordia’s IT management framework.
- Ensure service continuity and reliability as well as participate in relationships with vendors and service providers to maintain and improve research services; participate in project teams executing and implementing project tasks.
- Learn technologies to act as a subject matter expert in cases where specialized software and/or hardware are a research requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field and two to four years of experience administering enterprise-grade specialized platforms.
- Professional certifications (eg. IT Service Management (ITSM), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCIPT), Security+) and certification with IT management frameworks (eg. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000) desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to convey technical issues and material to non-technical users; Knowledge of spoken French is an asset.
- Experience in automation scripting with shell script, VBScript, and Powershell.
- Experience managing specialized multi-technology hardware, software, and services including computing, audio-visual, etc.
- Strong understanding of standard client/server, networking, and database fundamentals.
- Broad understanding of advanced environment monitoring, management tools, research technologies and how they can be applied to solve higher-education problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and become a subject matter expert in specialized hardware and software research fields.
- Highly developed customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills with the proven ability to liaise between multiple technical and non-technical groups.
- Demonstrated self-learner with strong aptitude for analytical and problem solving capabilities
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 14, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.