Posted on: February 1, 2019
Deadline: February 14, 2019
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until April 15, 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Events, the incumbent will produce events that will secure high satisfaction through personalized service for alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents and friends of the University. He/she acts as the liaison between the Department of Advancement and Alumni Relations, the Concordia University Alumni Association (CUAA) and its chapters and alumni officers for all event-related matters.
- Work in partnership with all Alumni and Development Officers to coordinate strategy, budget, activity and administrative support related to events.
- Liaise with suppliers for all event related and begins negotiation process for all catering contracts.
- Gather event related information and prepare invitations, book venues and entertainment, generate publicity, and coordinate terms and conditions for event orders.
- Responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of all AAR and CUAA events.
- Research and gather information required to organize and execute events (e.g. admission price; equipment availability, scheduling), and communicate this information with a view to maximizing event participation.
- Create post-event reports and analysis; analyze and measure impact of events.
- Assure the quality of assigned events (invitations, communications, registration, event confirmations, pre event, on-site and post-event follow up).
- Accountable for managing assigned event budgets and time-lines during pre-event, event and post-event periods.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, take notes, follow-up on action plans, and provide advice and support.
- Work in coordination with internal and external department contacts to promote Advancement and Alumni activities, events and programs.
- Update and distribute (weekly) the AAR events calendar and connect with President’s Executive Group (PEG) offices regarding required or requested attendance at events.
- Develop a bank of student employees, manage training, payment and engagement of these students.
- Help with registration process and other duties in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (three-year DEC) in Business Administration or a related field with four to seven years of experience in the Event Planning sector.
- Previous experience in planning, coordinating and executing significant events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to work independently and within a team and to interact effectively with alumni and other volunteers.
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English in order to prepare proposals, correspondence and reports; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French in order to communicate with alumni and external contacts.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software (to create and update documents, spreadsheets and presentations).
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Availability to work on weekends and flexible hours during the week for events and meetings.
$28.76 – $34.63 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 14, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.