Reporting to the Senior Director, Academic and Student Affairs, the incumbent is the front line contact for students to obtain information on University policies and procedures. He/she is responsible for greeting, responding to and directing callers, walk-ins in a high volume area, e-mail and assists all members in the operation of the SAS team. The service assistant is also responsible for resolving concerns and for escalating more complex issues to the appropriate resource.
- Answer and redirect front-line telephone, walk-in, and e-mail requests regarding admission, advising, registration, and other issues.
- Track and keep a daily record of the number of students requesting service.
- Book student appointments for the Advisors, Recruitment and Retention Officer and Senior Director.
- Maintain databases tracking all Student Requests, Exchange and Readmission applications for the faculty.
- Compile and maintain database pertaining to the number of walk-ins; appointments; phone calls and other stats.
- Maintain the reception area and the display of flyers/brochures.
- Assist with photocopying, scanning and the preparation of materials.
- Provide routine administrative support as requested by the Senior Director, Academic and Student Affairs, including obtaining information through the Internet and other sources.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in Office Systems Technology or in another pertinent field and two to four years of related work experience, including experience working with students as a frontline receptionist.
- Knowledge of electronic mail systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS) an asset.
- Knowledge of JMSB undergraduate curriculum an asset.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work and cope under pressure and deal with a high volume of inquiries.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours during peak periods.
- Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $23.31 to $27.68 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 15, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.