Posted on: November 28, 2018
Deadline: December 11, 2018
This posting represents two full-time, two-year contract positions.
Reporting to the Director, Institute for Co-operative Education, the incumbent markets and promotes Concordia’s Co-op program to the business community, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), etc., general public, prospective students and our internal Concordia community. He/she develops employment opportunities for students in the Co-operative Education Programs and/or Industrial Experience programs and guides students in their experiential learning.
- Responsible for a portfolio of programs: ensure adequate work terms available for students, help students to secure their work term placements, counsel and coach them on an ongoing basis on matters related to their career, personal and professional development and oversee and monitor student recruitment and admission to graduation.
- Develop and implement job/market development strategies and find co-op employment opportunities for students.
- Promote co-operative education to the business community, Not-for-profit, communities as well as the general public and effectively communicate with them the co-op value, philosophy, process, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all co-op stakeholders to enhance the image and presence of Concordia’s Institute for Co-operative Education.
- Organize and attend outreach activities, networking and industry events.
- Actively engage in recruiting students to the co-op program.
- Proactively develop strategies and activities to help with student retention.
- Deliver occasional professional development/career preparation seminars for students, in collaboration with the Student Learning & Professional Development team.
- Monitor student performance during work terms, resolve conflicts, and facilitate student and employer satisfaction.
- Review co-op practices and recommend and implement any process improvement at the Co-op.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of relevant experience with a proven record in business networking, market development as well as relationship building
- Strong business and strategic acumen and knowledge of strategic communications and marketing concepts, principles, methodology and techniques.
- Knowledge of university environment, culture, processes, academic regulations is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging industry requirements and practices.
- Experience with co-operative education and/or integrated learning, is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken English and French and good knowledge (Level 4) of written English and French.
- Experience communicating in professional business community settings.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good team player who has the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize work and multitask.
- Competent in program planning and delivery.
- Ability to present in a wide variety of formal settings.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 11, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.