Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Communications and Social Media, the incumbent is responsible for helping to maintain and grow the university’s reputation by supporting the social media strategy and enhancing the social media presence of the university across multiple channels and communities, ensuring that the university’s identity and strategic priorities are reflected through these and other digital channels. He/She works in collaboration with members of UCS and Concordia’s academic and administrative units.
- Monitor all social media channels for reputational and social service issues and report these issues to the appropriate person; work with UCS stakeholders to respond appropriately, when necessary.
- Monitor other platforms that host conversations about Concordia to get a sense of current issues, questions and challenges facing students and other members of the Concordia community; report this information to appropriate UCS stakeholders.
- Source accurate and up-to-date information to respond to social service inquiries or refer them to the appropriate unit/department.
- Source/craft and post appropriate content, in-line with Concordia’s brand and content guidelines, with respect to the social media lineup, on various social media platforms.
- Attend related events, on and off campus, and gather content for social media platforms or “report”/broadcast these events live on social media platforms.
- Work with and evaluate social media monitoring tools, assist with the tracking and development of reports and analytics regarding social media campaigns; report on KPIs.
- Assist with the creation of and manage the social media lineup and respond to requests/queries from various units.
- Assist in the defining of the various social media communities and assist with the development of strategies for engaging with them; engage with various relevant social media and digital communities and research new opportunities to connect with audiences/communities.
- Collaborate with communications advisors, graphic designers, translators and subject matter experts from academic and administrative units to create and update content.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of social media accounts on behalf of the university and/or a particular academic or administrative unit.
- Assist in creating content guidelines to improve and maintain the university’s online reputation in particular, the university’s social media presence.
- Proactively seek out academic and administrative areas for further development or key projects that would assist in enhancing the university’s social media visibility and profile.
- Assist with the maintenance of the social media handbook and other guidelines/documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, PR, Journalism or in a related field and two to four years of experience in social media/digital communications; experience with large-scale, web content management systems an asset.
- Understanding of and high proficiency on various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Flickr, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, etc. and other community platforms such as Reddit. Understanding of social media metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with social media monitoring/publishing tools (Radian6/Social Studio, HootSuite, Adobe Social, Sysomos, Cision, Meltwater, etc.). Knowledge of and experience with BuzzSumo/BuzzStream an asset.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to review, modify and create social media content. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Experience with video and video editing software an asset.
- Demonstrated “nose for news”: awareness of current relevant topics for target audiences and ability to create relevant “right time” engagements.
- Ability to stay abreast of digital/social trends and demonstrated sense of creativity and innovation; good design sense and skills.
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, client-focused, verbal/written communication, leadership and multitasking skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with faculty and staff members, as well as students.
- Experience with audio, podcasting, paid social media advertising and influencer outreach campaigns desirable.
$60,610.55 - $72,396.19 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 20, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.