Reporting to the Manager, Conference Services, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the booking requests for faculty, staff, students and external clients; assume a variety of office support duties, including liaise with clients and suppliers, customer-related services, event-related services and assist the Conference team on departmental activities. As the front-line Department representative, the incumbent is also responsible for greeting, assisting and providing information to all Hospitality customers coming into our office.
- Manage bookings for university and external community wishing to host non-academic events, symposiums and activities on campus; evaluate needs and recommend best solutions to ensure successful outcome, resolve conflicts and review requests according to University policies and guidelines.
- Act as a resource person and provide direction for the internal and external community regarding Hospitality areas managed venues as well as other event venues campus-wide; responds to customer inquiries and issues, and take necessary follow up action to address the request and/or to resolve the situation.
- Provide direction to the internal and external community regarding protocols when hosting events on campus: University procedures and policies, as well as external and government regulations, such as RACJ, and MAPAQ in order to mitigate risks on campus; determine necessary permits, waivers, etc. specific to each event.
- Ensure all event requests are in compliance of the University’s Policies on Temporary Space, Alcohol, and Food, and their respective procedures; verify booking information is accurate and complete, to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety, Security and external agency regulations.
- Act as a liaison for clients, event coordinators and other University Space Administrators to ensure optimization of campus facilities, and ability to accommodate multitude of activities for both the internal and external community.
- Handle quotes and lease agreements (logistical details, event set-ups, payment process, insurance, regulations, personnel, facilities and service fees, client instructions) and event-related documents.
- Handle the rental of Conference equipment (process requests, payments ensures available inventory), for University events; Manage furniture inventory and oversee process and suggests improvements.
- Project a positive image of the University when providing information, in-person, by telephone, and via email, related to Conference and Commercial activities to students, faculty, staff and external clients.
- Perform administrative duties as required by Manager, prepare reports, schedule meetings and provide assistance on departmental operations and projects.
- Review booking and departmental processes on an ongoing basis in order to continuously improve customer service and efficiencies.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in a field relevant to primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Event Management Software (EMS), good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (to set up forms, do mail merges, and to prepare labels); Excel (to create reports).
- Knowledge of University Portal applications and Maximo system; good Knowledge about University policies
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of French in order to discuss and to respond to various inquiries.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to work under pressure, to multitask, to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Superior organizational skills: able to establish and respond to priorities in a high-volume environment while working independently or as part of a team.
24.65 $ - 29.66 $ per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 7, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.