Posted on: November 15, 2018
Deadline: November 28, 2018
Revised posting. This position requires an on-call status that is defined on an annual basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Course Registration, Examinations & Academic Scheduling, the incumbent provides functional supervision and support in the planning, implementation, and supervision of effective pre-registration, examination, and academic scheduling processes and systems for the university.
- Develop the final examinations schedule and administer final exams, including overseeing staffing, training, examinations facility preparedness, and secure exams printing and delivery; ensure the integrity of the data and processes.
- Oversee that student inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion; provide support to exam coordinators for complex student requests
- Academic scheduling coordination; create queries, analyze data and make recommendations to the Manager to improve scheduling optimization.
- Coordinate pre-registration activities; determine academic term dates and registration appointment dates; update / maintain documentation pertaining to the registration process
- Manage all requests for Concordia University students to write examinations at external locations and external students to write an examination at Concordia University.
- Interview, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate casual exam invigilators and supervisors.
- Coordinate student requests for DEF (deferred) or MED (long-term medical situation) notations or supplemental and replacement examinations. Recommend process improvement.
- Liaise with IITS, SIS Planning and Support team and Facilities Management and maintain a close working relationship with all members of the academic community who are responsible for class and examinations scheduling and management of space utilization; guide the latter in changes necessary for improvement in University processes.
- Compile and interpret current and historic class schedule and exam schedule statistical information to prepare reports and propose recommendations to the Manager.
- Coordinate logistics for off-site exam offices.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree with two to four years of related work experience in a high-stress environment.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports; good spoken French (Level 4).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data analysis, intermediate knowledge of Word for documentation creation and advanced knowledge of MS Access in order to run complex queries, perform analysis and interpretation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Keen attention to details.
- Experience working with scheduling software and scheduling best practices
- Strong planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to organize work effectively and set work priorities under tight time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a team environment
- Ability to supervise a team and foster a positive team environment.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Advanced knowledge of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment, knowledge of Concordia University academic rules and regulations and knowledge of SQL developer and relational databases are assets.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours during peak periods. Overtime required during peak periods.
$64,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 28, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.