Excellent opportunity to work at Concord Hospitality's Corporate Headquarters in Raleigh North Carolina. Due to increasing growth across North America, Concord is hiring in our Development Department. In 2018 we successfully opened 15 hotels with over 30 more in the pipeline for the next few years. Concord is multi-branded so everyday is unlike the last.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Development. Directly responsible for leading, contributing to and continually improving an efficient and cost-effective process related to the procurement of items for a wide portfolio of hotels as well as management of the Concord renovation project management team to ensure that projects will be delivered on schedule, under budget, and with the highest quality.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term procurement strategies designed to reduce costs and improve quality and service while meeting goals and objectives and works closely with staff to ensure these measures are achieved.
- Implementation of a specific process for purchasing all required items on a project. This process will need to be adhered to by all buyers reporting to the Sr. Director of Procurement. Financial reporting, delivery reports, purchase order formats, etc. all need to be made into a standard process for this department.
- Through internal and external periodic feedback procedures, measures effectiveness of operations, including customer satisfaction, and proposes methods for continuous improvement.
- Obtains resources, quotations and secures competitive bids.
- Work directly with various franchise partners to stay abreast of brand directives and changes that could affect items purchased (IE: Package changes, etc).
- Oversee and direct ID consultants as needed to assure timely completion of specifications as needed.
- Assure schedules are maintained, updated and communicated throughout the various disciplines.
- Establishes and maintains vendor databases and administers assigned categories and accounting codes.
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with external vendors by negotiating purchase order contracts and subcontracts with appropriate sources of equipment, supplies and services.
- Negotiates with vendors for the lowest costs and incentives and analyzes market price and product mix checks for competitiveness.
- Coordinates the achievement of cost savings through vendor selections and review, develops favorable contract agreements and resolves delivery and billing problems.
- Facilitates the preparation and submission of purchase order contracts and close-out arrangements with funding agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate authorizations and documentation are obtained for procurement activities.
- Oversees project purchasing budgets and is accountable for team and individual performance and professional development.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service, working as part of the team to ensure the right products are delivered at the right time and at the right price.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Create estimates on PIP’s and required renovations in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage the renovation Project Management staff from conception through completion of the projects.
- Ensure that Concord Project Managers will be delivering the projects on schedule, under budget, and with the highest quality.
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.
- Successfully manage the design process so a set of contract documents are created in a timely fashion for use in securing a project permit, sending out RFP’s to contractors, and gaining approvals from brand representatives.
- Creation and distribution of an RFP for construction services to multiple contractors and recommendation to ownership on the most qualified submission.
- Negotiation of a contract for construction with the selected general contractor.
- Keep all parties informed on project progress. Mange the owner relationship if a 3rd party project.
- Insure that the project is constructed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
- Assure project schedules are updated weekly and posted on extranet site
Adheres to corporate policies and procedures
Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes.
Ability to professionally operate in a fast-paced environment maintained by a company in a positive, controlled growth mode.
Develop, document, or maintain standards, best practices, or system usage procedures.
Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Ability to work the hours required to support the role.
Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
Effective professional oral and written communication skills.
Must possess a strong work ethic and values that are above-reproach.
Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
Any other duties as requested by your manager.
Working for Concord
Concord Hospitality invests in our associates by providing training and development at all levels, from interns to executive leaders. Our“Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist. Concord is built on 5 cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and FUN! Our associates say it best and their love of working for our company is best presented in our company cheer heard throughout North America -“We Are Concord!”
Salary range: $109,000 - $131,000