Job Listing Information
Job Title: Project Assistant
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Administration
How to Contact: Apply on our website or through this posting with resume and cover letter
Hours/Shift: 40+ hours/week; Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wages/Salary: CAD $45,000-$55,000 (based on experience); Full-time Hourly (eligible for overtime)
Concentric Energy Advisors, Inc. (www.ceadvisors.com) ( Concentric ) is a leading management consulting and financial advisory firm focused on the North American energy and utility industries. Concentric specializes in financial advisory assignments; market assessment and strategy development; ratemaking and utility regulation; litigation support; and management and operations consulting. Concentric was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Marlborough, MA with offices in Washington, DC, Chicago, and Calgary, Alberta.
We are looking to hire a Project Assistant to support a small team of executives and consultants mainly in our Calgary, Alberta office on consulting project work and office administration.
- Serve as lead administrator on consulting projects as assigned.
- Edit reports and correspondence and take lead in document production for client and staff reports, presentations, and mailings. Assist with document formatting, proofreading and preparation using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as other related software as needed.
- Assist with organizing, writing and distributing communications, with follow-up as needed.
- Provide email/phone correspondence with clients on project related-matters.
- Coordinate, initiate, and participate in client-related conference calls and team meetings as needed.
- Develop and manage contact databases for projects, track activities and keep meticulous contact records.
- Create and maintain project files (hard copy and electronic).
- Organize, manage, and maintain professional schedule for executives and consulting team members.
- Schedule calls/meetings and make travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepare documents, catering, and any other necessities for client and internal meetings.
- Enter time and expense reports for consulting team members.
- Copy and distribute correspondence and other printed materials. Responsible for distribution of mail, telephone calls, etc.
- Assist with production of business development materials and maintenance of contact database using Deltek Vision.
- Act as integral member of Project Assistant team: participate in team meetings, initiatives, duties and coverage.
- Greet visitors, answer main phone line and handle all facility maintenance issues.
- Assist in the maintenance and deployment of office equipment including computers, cell phones, office telephones, printers, fax machines, building security system, etc.
- Responsible for kitchen and supply room maintenance and ordering necessary supplies.
- Assist with the set up and training of new employees in the Calgary office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years administrative or project assistant experience in a professional environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong skills in proofreading, grammar, spelling, formatting and document production.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills; able to juggle a large number of tasks while maintaining commitment to critical deadlines.
- Internet-based research skills.
- Continuing interest in learning new skills and the energy industry.
- Ability to sometimes work extended hours to reflect the demands of a particular day or week.
Why Work at Concentric?
We offer a highly competitive base and year-end incentive compensation package, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes vacation and sick time, retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, health/dental programs, and tuition reimbursement, along with access to training opportunities to support professional growth objectives. In addition, we immerse our employees in a hard-working, collegial and cooperative culture with the opportunity to become a shareholder in the firm.
If your skills and career interests are a match, please apply here with your resume and cover letter.