We are seeking an organized and industry-experienced Research Assistant to join our team. The qualified person will be responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on microbiology and molecular biology experiments. The Research Assistant will also play a significant role in the overall smooth running of the laboratory.
- Media preparation, and isolation, culture and maintenance of microbes.
- DNA/RNA extraction, PCR and other molecular biology techniques for the analysis of microbiome samples (soil, fermented product, plant).
- Conduct and monitor laboratory experiments, collect data according to established protocols, perform data analysis and present summarized data.
- Assist laboratory operations such as cleaning glassware and providing support to technical studies.
- Assist in developing protocols for research experiments and equipment use.
- Support research experiments by working cooperatively with other researchers.
- Actively participate in safety observations and support management with the prevention of safety incidents.
- Purchase laboratory supplies. Manage and update chemical and supply inventories.
- Author key documents such as: technical protocols, development reports and SOPs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with microbiology techniques (culturing microbes, cryopreservation of microbes and various growth media preparation) and Molecular Biology techniques (PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, agarose gels for DNA/protein electrophoresis, sequencing).
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and guides.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen ability to identify issues and take appropriate actions.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and diverse projects.
- Computer literacy with skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- This position requires an M.Sc. in Microbiology or Molecular Biology or any related discipline.
- 2 years of relevant experience, industry experience is required.
- Ability to use statistical analysis software to analyze data and create graphs.
- Experience working with bacteria & fungi.
- Knowledge of BSL2 safety practices and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's Degree (Required)