Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Deliver the planned annual sales & profit targets for select categories while managing trade effectively.
- Applies extensive product and market knowledge to sell to a major, complex national or strategic/sophisticated account.
- Maximizes sales to top tier accounts by implementing advanced business planning, forecasting, analytical and category management expertise.
- Coach and lead sharing of best practices within and across teams
- Projects work, lead special projects on cross functional teams, contribute to process improvements
- May have management oversight of other sales employees
- Manage broker and distributor relationships
Customer Account Management: Demonstrate ability to drive sales results while providing best in class customer service
- Supports national, strategic or complex customer or region
- Customer accountability may range from partial accountability for one or two large accounts or full accountability for multiple small accounts
- Strategize customer business initiatives & develop joint business plans with customers
- Negotiate annual agreements, promo activity, listing fees, price increases & costing with customer
- Create & present business reviews
- Gain customer approval for in-store activation (displays, signs, etc.)
- Address retail pricing issues with customer
- Manage routine demand and supply issues with customer
- Communicate changes to CAG policy, discontinued items, pricing actions, recalls/product quality issues to customer
- Ensuring new products are listed and distribution gaps are filled
- Handle customer/consumer complaints
Sales: Utilize product, category, customer and consumer data to identify opportunities and prepare selling presentations.
- Proactively develop and present business strategies and tactics to drive portfolio results
- Support the business development manager’s on Calls on corporate headquarters and/or or makes decisions for corporate banner stores
- Manage new product launches
- Expand distribution of ConAgra Foods products
- Manage multiple food groups – applicable items in CAG portfolio
Business Planning/Financial accountability: Conduct sales analytics, using available insights to provide solutions to customer needs.
- Delivering Annual Net Sales & Profit targets
- Accurately forecasting sales volume & trade dollars
- Developing, implementing and evaluating trade and shopper marketing initiatives, based on insights
- Maximization of trade investments and efficiencies aligned to business objectives
- Business and category analysis. Developing & presenting category management solutions
- Understand and execute marketing plan sales material
- Monitor trade activity execution
- Evaluate customer specific reports and standardized IRI reports
Relationship Management within internal matrix organization
- Partner with team Business Development Managers, Business Analyst / Account Manager in reporting and analytics
- Communicate to other sales personnel and functions within ConAgra Foods as needed
- Maximizing all sales opportunities through alignment & support from the Retail Team
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Business administration, Commerce or related field
- 5+ yrs. of progressive Consumer Packaged Goods (Foods) Sales/ Business Development Manager or comparable experience.
- Previous experience managing people in a matrixed organization
- Minimum 5 years industry related experience with at least 3 years direct sales experience.
- Strong analytical skills & proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in A.C.N. software
- Proven sales ability with strong negotiation skills
- Experience in sales planning & forecasting
- Must show proven ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationships with customers and functional groups. Must show aptitude to effectively interpret and use multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and options.
- Strong business and financial acumen: advanced business analytics skills, customer P & L agility, ability to plan, track and evaluate trade management
- Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from the systems previously mentioned
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of data entry
- Ability to manage trade spending
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization. Works with multiple Business Development Managers and Directors to discuss and prioritize work initiatives
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
À titre d'employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi, Conagra Brands considère les postulants qualifiés pour les offres d'emplois sans égard à la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses, l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité de genre, la langue parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra Brands s'engage à travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance ou si vous avez des besoins spécifiques pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par courriel à Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. Nous prendrons en considération votre demande d'accommodement au cas-par-cas.