Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
A Sales Manager designs and implements sales programs to sell the organization's products utilizing analytics and market analysis to achieve assigned targets. Hires, trains and develops sales representatives. Manages relationships in various market areas. Job responsibilities include creating sales goals, helping to manage market analysis, coordinate retail execution, help create and develop merchandising solutions and manage administrative duties.
- Create and execute the business plan through the annual business cycle. Work to maximize the business plan sales and profit within brand strategies and guidelines.
- Analyze consumption data, shipment data, and internal financial metrics to formulate strategies consistent with assigned objectives.
- Conduct market analysis to determine customer needs, quantify opportunity, and propose financials for sales accounts.
- Manage development activities and coordinate volume and profit objectives.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong customer relationships while ensuring proper communication of vital information.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives for sales accounts and ensure adequate sales service.
- Communicate and track key performance indicators (KPI's) to the Team.
- Develop self and others.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of five years progressive sales experience, to include account management.
- Demonstrated sales management experience in the management of multiple product categories and customers. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in sales, trade and marketing concepts and methods.
- Must have a strong base in development and maintenance of customer relations and promotions management.
- Must be capable of effectively interpreting and using multiple information sources to develop strategy and tactics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong internal and external working relationships (Externally with strategic customers and Internally with CPC, CBPM / Joint Business Planning, Sales Finance, and in store experience).
- Must have strong interpersonal, directing, and coaching skills.
- Must have experience in trade spending management; proven fiscal responsibility.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Travel may be required
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.