Business Development Manager - (Acquisition Sales - New Business)
Who Are We?
As one of Canada’s leading telecommunication innovators, we’re constantly introducing exciting new telecom technologies to meet the needs of all consumers. Comwave specializes in providing Phone, Internet and Television to residential and business customers all across Canada.
How do we value our employees?
- Competitive benefit package
- Attractive employee discount
- Full Kitchen with free coffee & espresso
- Free parking
- Creative social committee hosting regular company events
- Unique entrepreneurial culture
Who are we seeking to join our team?
We are currently seeking an “Business Development Manager” to join our team at our Toronto Head office. We are looking for someone who has experience and a proven track record of prospecting and closing new business.
You will contribute to the team by performing the following:
- Meet / exceed defined monthly sales revenue targets through aggressive sales strategy and practices including self-initiated lead generation and prospecting, immediate follow up of Comwave initiated and provided lead generation activities (i.e. website, advertising), customer needs development and analysis, sales presentations, quotations and closing the sale;
- Preparation, delivery, presentation, follow up and securing customer signatures for all required quotations / user agreements / forms including submission to relative personnel / departments to initiate provisioning / start-up of Comwave products / services;
- Meet the minimum standard for department metrics, including but not limited to daily call activity/volume, lead generation or lead follow up, sales funnel velocity and closed sale ratios;
- Daily and ongoing maintenance / upkeep of sales activity data in required systems and databases (i.e. CRM);
- Attend and participate in all Comwave Business Solutions Team meetings, training and educational functions;
- Represent Comwave in Sales related external functions and events as required;
- Continually invest in ongoing personal development and education (i.e. industry and competitive knowledge, sales skills and methodology);
- Contribute and assist in the ongoing growth and development of the Business Services Team and individuals (i.e. knowledge and information sharing, strategic input);
- Work effectively with other Comwave Teams and Departments;
- Perform other duties as required.
What do you bring to the team?
Post-Secondary education or higher including minimum 3 years sales experience (inside and outside experience combined). Experience / knowledge in Telecommunications a definitive asset;
Demonstrated success in a transactional customer acquisition role including lead generation, prospecting, lead follow up, presentation and closing. Sales cycle knowledge is essential;
Self-motivated, team oriented, high energy, driven, aggressive and enthusiastic;
- Please note that the selected candidate is required to successfully complete a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Comwave will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.