Comtek is seeking a C#/.NET Web Developer for a full-time position in Chicago, IL for one of our top financial services client!
The Developer is responsible for the completion of project deliverables and may be asked to be accountable for the overall analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) within the Wealth Management area. The Developer typically deals at a high level of complexity and scope.
- Writes code according to accepted standards based on user requirements, which are included in the delivery of the application solution, to meet the business need.
- Participates in the planning, estimating, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application. The resulting artifacts will be used to better understand, communicate, and provide specifications during the coding and QA activities.
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments when appropriate, to provide a developer's perspective in the meetings and to contribute to the timely delivery, design, and quality of various work artifacts adhering to standards, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Involved in process and application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Liaises with third party vendors, when appropriate, to ensure that the integration of third-party products and existing applications and systems is practical and feasible given the underlining technologies.
- Collaborates with Development Technology Services (DTS) in the requirements definition and analysis and to select development, testing, and implementation tools for the Application Software Development staff.
- Participates in software development Process Action Teams and contributes to the continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes for the overall effectiveness of the development.
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 5+ years systems analysis and programming experience with extensive business knowledge.
- Possesses expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both an industry and BMO perspective.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements and software development control and release procedures.
- Experience/exposure with Web development, HTML, full stack development, .Net development, SQL queries.
Job Type: Full-time