The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. You will also provide support to the Comtech Xicom Technology Finance team.
About the Company:
Comtech Xicom Technology, founded as Xicom Technology in 1991, has grown to be a world leading satellite communications (satcom) amplifier supplier, offering the broadest product line in the industry. Our focus on customers, innovation, and quality has driven growth and created a company with a reputation for excellence. Regarded as an industry leader across the board, Xicom provides rugged, highly efficient and reliable Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTAs), Klystron Power Amplifiers (KPAs), Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), and Block Upconverters (BUCs) for commercial and military broadcast and broadband applications around the world. These Xicom High Power Amplifiers (HPAs) are in use in critical communications links on the ground, in the air and on the sea; they support fixed traditional and direct-to-home broadcast, mobile news gathering, transportable and flyaway systems, secure high data rate communications, and broadband access over satcom.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Computer Skills and/or Tools:
- Match and voucher a high volume of A/P invoices with material receipts for input into accounting system.
- Ensure proper approvals on all non-purchase order invoices for entry
- Process weekly/ bi-weekly check runs
- Maintain and handle vendor contacts with respect to disputes, collections and payments.
- Work with the purchasing and receiving departments when needed to accurately voucher the invoices.
- File and organize all weekly, monthly and yearly records.
- Assist with month-end close and audit support.
- Maintain 1099 records, requesting them from new vendors and keeping the status current within the accounting system.
- Payroll Reporting
- Expense Accrual
- WAWF entry for billing on Government Sales orders
- Concur Review and Approvals for Expense Reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
General computer skills and MS Office
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 3 years' accounts payable or general accounting experience related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of accounts payable, general accounting procedures, and relevant computer applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.