ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Systems Engineer candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Ground Systems Product Technical Director in the areas of ground station design, customer technical support, sales support, and project management support for delivery of ground station products - specifically tracking antennas and RF systems.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Command & Control Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
- Will be responsible for Technical Program/Project Management for delivery of ground station tracking antennas and ancillary equipment
- Will provide technical support for task planning, scheduling, and coordinating with customer, suppliers and engineering support staff
- Will be responsible for preparing design review documentation and organizing data and records to support submittals to customer
- Will provide technical support for any customer-related inquires, issues, or changes throughout the project life cycle
- Broad knowledge and experience in multiple disciplines related to ground station satellite tracking facilities which must include design, operation, and maintenance
- RF Engineering experience as related to antenna systems and their associated ancillary equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interface directly with customers and technical staff
- Familiarity with software development and hardware integration related to satellite ground station infrastructure
- Understanding of network communication systems
- Technical sales and customer support experience will be required
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Must be flexible and able to handle occasional periods of heavy workload
- Antenna installation experience
- Expertise in MS Project
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college/university in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of hands on ground station experience - specifically with tracking antenna systems, telemetry and command data processing equipment, monitor and control equipment, and network communications
- Familiar with proposal activities and proposal development
- US citizenship required
- 10+ years of direct experience in ground station design and development may be considered in lieu of Engineering Degree
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement and jury duty leave
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.