Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technology and Project Capacity Services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control and delivery of multi-billion dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Station Design Specialist (Transit Stations & Terminals).
- Responsible for the review and management of external and internal design submissions for multi-disciplinary transit stations
- Monitor design progress against the allocated schedule and ensure that design objectives are incorporated
- Liaise and review the all work performed by internal and external design consultants
- Coordinate the resolution of all design comments with project management and Designers through design revision, clarification or other means to ensure closure of comments and sign-off by stakeholders
- Compile and analyze comments for inconsistencies, conflicts, consequential impacts among design disciplines, and against past design review comment databases for similar issues
- Coordinate a review of the design documents by determining key stakeholders for the project and expedite review comments according to deadlines
- Work around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact, heritage building requirements and project budgets
- Co-ordinate and consult with other members of the project team including Engineers, Tunnel, Geotechnical, Rail Systems and Environmental Engineers, Architects and Landscape Architects
- Attend project meetings and interface with clients and owners
- Review and provide comments to Designers and Engineers relating to integrated design disciplines
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Architecture and be registered with the OAA or Engineering (Civil/Structural is preferred) and a licensed P Eng in the province of Ontario
- Must possess approximately 10-15 years experience in a similar capacity
- Must be well versed in Federal and Ontario Building Codes and familiar with design standards
- Extensive knowledge of heritage district design, Urban Planning and Transit Oriented Design (TOD)
- Extensive understanding of the real estate acquisition process
- Extensive knowledge of property implications, construction methods and Transit-Oriented Development
- The ability to analyse complex design and construction issues and experience in providing solutions
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to interface with public figures, audiences and internal stakeholders
- A sound knowledge of construction methods in brownfield sites, construction staging, and legal regulations
- Experience with station design interfaces with tunnel, structural and rail systems, operation and maintenance
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – email@example.com
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your application and resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group by selecting "Apply Now."