The Infrastructure Architect is a thought leader that creates the vision, strategy and roadmap for the infrastructure that supports all CompuVision’s internal and external facing services and enables CompuVision’s business strategy and objectives. Ensures infrastructure work is in alignment with the overall Business Architecture framework, IT strategy, strategic drivers and standards.
Works closely, within Professional Services, with the Strategic and Operations teams to onboard new client, technologies and define the infrastructure of the future, including network, compute and storage, to deliver highly available, resilient and responsive infrastructure and optimize business capabilities. Assesses systems requirements and designs against best practices, technology advances, industry standards, and business needs. Provides direction on implementing feasible, cost-effective solutions to the overall system architecture and designs to meet these needs.
Infrastructure Architecture Planning
- Partner with engineers across the application, security, information and infrastructure disciplines to define a cohesive enterprise technical architecture vision and roadmap.
- Develop and maintain enterprise technical architecture, perform activities, including conceptual and logical modeling and analysis of complex systems environments, technical infrastructure, and other components of the technical environment.
- Develop and maintain a catalog of technical capabilities and the technologies and platforms providing them; identify overlaps and gaps and create/manage plans to address them.
- Keep abreast of industry standards, software and data innovation, architectural trends, and major technology vendors and leaders.
- Understand customer business & technical requirements and use them to create value based proposals, addressing business drivers & pain points – guiding the technical sales cycle towards a technical close & a business win.
- Manage a response to ‘Proposal Requests and Onboardings’ initiated internally or externally and ensure that the solution proposed is complete and appropriate and results in the best proposal possible.
Solutioning and Implementation
- Oversee implementation of technical architecture by producing blueprints that guide the development and implementation of business solutions across multiple projects, providing direction to technical teams during project delivery and ensuring implementations support technology and business roadmaps.
- Work as the liaison between the business, application development and IT Operations to ensure appropriate use of technology.
- Prepare situation analysis assessments in relation to architecture standards (system reliability, capacity growth, backups, etc.).
- Support technical teams in investigating, analyzing, defining, tailoring, and implementing technology solutions to create greater alignment between technology and business goals.
- Analyze technical requirements to determine platform infrastructure designs, potential issues, and related costs.
- Understand and follow “The CompuVision Way”. This is our set of people, process and technology that produces a predictable result for the customer. You must be aware of and maintain our standards, understanding that it is a living guide. Always updating and always changing based on influence from our team and needs of our customers.
- Ensure work aligns with CompuVision standards.
- Assist CompuVision team members as required.
- Maintain constant and clear communication with clients and colleagues
- Collaborate with all CompuVision departments to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Continuously improve process and procedure to provide superior service
- Provide or facilitate timely responses and guidance to client requests.
- Maintain documentation, processes and standards, through the change management processes.
- Attend and facilitate team meetings as required.
- Ensure quality and timely, time entry, submission of timesheets and expenses, frequent and business appropriate customer communications, and overall presentation.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Be a leader within the company, participating in meetings, encouraging positive morale and living the company values. Set the example to follow for customer service.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the products and services that are offered.
- Remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is required OR Degree or Diploma in an IT based curriculum, or at least 5 years’ direct experience in supporting and maintaining a minimum of SMB server and network environments.
- General knowledge of Identity, directory, authentication/authorization, single-sign-on, access management, encryption, data privacy, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Advanced knowledge of compute, storage, network, load-balancing, scalability, and availability.
- Basic practical knowledge of cloud platform strategy and implementation including PaaS, SaaS, HaaS and IaaS.
- Experience participating in vendor platform evaluations including vendor engagement and technology deep dives (security, software interfaces, hosting considerations, availability, etc.).
- Strong experience determining and addressing non-functional requirements: response times, availability, disaster recovery, scalability, data retention, etc.
- Proven record of architecting and building large-scale, complex solutions used in business-critical operations and featuring high performance/throughput and scalability, high availability, proper backup, restore, and disaster recovery implementation, and secure communication and data access controls.
- Team player who can collaborate across disciplines in IT.
- Excellent communication skills including documenting, visualizing, presenting to a mixed audience, and balancing talking and listening.
- Excellent leadership skills including collaboration, accountability, results driven, self-motivation, big-picture thinking, building strong relations, and negotiating.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical, organizational, and task management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Understanding of business terminology and effective delivery
- Very strong interpersonal skills, able to build effective working relationships, solicit co-operation and resolve conflicts with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.