Technical Writer 2
Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and team environment create a high morale environment with lots of opportunity to innovate, grow in your career and never get bored!
At Computronix, we believe in strong relationships with our clients. For over 30 years, we have listened to our clients and given them what they've asked for: high-quality customer service, ethical business practices, and superior software. Our POSSE Enterprise Work Management software is an industry-leading solution that allows State, County and City government agencies the ability to streamline and automate their workflow in order to meet the needs of their citizens.
As a member of the Computronix product team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment. You will contribute technical writing expertise to design, develop and modify technical documentation.
- Design, write and produce online and hard-copy technical documentation for product releases; to include, user manuals, help documentation, training documentation, data dictionary, installation manuals, deployment guides, workflow models, reference manuals, white papers and user assistance content.
- Create technical documentation for new product functionality as the functionality is being built.
- Establish best practices, standards, and style guides for product technical documentation.
- Attend product design review meetings and product demonstrations to better understand the suite of existing products and their functionality. Meet with implementation team technical leads and business analysts to understand what the client needs the product to do and what the product is capable of doing.
- Develop and produce revisions to the technical documentation for all existing suite of products and modules.
- Work with and collaborate with the product team to understand the various aspects of each product release; in order to plan the sequence of work, establish priorities, and meet deadlines and commitments.
- Maintain the technical documentation library and database and make revisions as needed when new features impact product functionality.
- Track issues from the bug tracking system and make changes and revisions for document defects, bugs, field changes, or to build clarification.
- Proactively solicit feedback from the implementation teams, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, and the external clients to improve documentation.
- Continually meet both internal methodology and best practice standards as well as industry standards.
- Provide continuous quality assurance standards to ensure all technical documentation is valid and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or English would be preferred
- Must have five or more years of experience designing, creating, and writing a variety of online and print technical documentation for software products
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and with grammatical accuracy
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects with tight deadlines and time-critical deliverables
- Prior experience managing the review and release process for original and revised documents and change requests
- Commitment to high quality work
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts with clarity and simplicity as tailored to the audience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Visio
- Experience using authoring tools for creating technical documentation
- Experience as a software developer and/or web developer would be very helpful
- Experience working with software product development teams in building technical documentation would be highly beneficial Apply with Indeed