Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and team environment create a high morale environment with lots of opportunity to innovate, grow in your career and never get bored!
At Computronix, we believe in strong relationships with our clients. For over 35 years, we have listened to our clients and given them what they've asked for: high-quality customer service, ethical business practices, and superior software. Our POSSE Enterprise Work Management software is an industry-leading solution that allows State, County and City government agencies the ability to streamline and automate their workflow in order to meet the needs of their citizens.
As a member of the Computronix product team, you will work in a highly dynamic, energetic, fast-changing and fluid work environment. You will contribute technical expertise to design, develop, implement or support Computronix software product.
We focus on database management built on an Oracle platform and are looking for full-time developers that want to innovate, collaborate, learn, develop, and find solutions to varying programming challenges.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently, as well as with a team of developers in a dynamic environment. They will be able to build products effectively, help shape the product through active contribution in product conversations, and balance business and technical considerations throughout the product development process
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Required: Ability to develop, test, and debug customized software for specific applications using Python, PL/SQL, and relational databases
- Ability to design, develop, test, and debug programs with minimal support from more senior IT staff
- Familiarity with relational database design, normalization, database links, stored procedures, triggers, views, queries, joins, etc.
- A solid understanding of metadata and dynamic programming
- Database management experience (Oracle 11g and up), with respect to tuning, performance monitoring, implementation capacity planning, space management and reorganization, backup and recovery, and quality assurance is an asset but not required.
- Ability to develop solutions from detailed business and technical specifications
- Understanding of the product development life-cycle and the tools involved in it
- A commitment to be respectful of peers, team members, and clients; willingness to trust others and be trustworthy, and a keen desire to serve coworkers and clients
- Ability to work cross-functionally with designer, Product and Project managers
- Understands the cost implications, performance, scalability, security principles, and internationalization best practices that their products should adhere to, as well as the resources they have to fulfill those.
- Ability to recognize to technical opportunities that can improve the product.
- Curiosity and the ability to distill information well into a high-level understanding that can help them build great products.
- Ability to estimate and prioritize.
- A desire for continuous and ongoing growth and development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience and training, plus 5 years’ software programming experience.
- Preferably has experience working on a product development team
- Must have proven experience working on software development projects as a Senior developer
- Candidates must be willing to work in our Edmonton office
We offer in return:
- A competitive pay scale supplemented by a well-defined project bonus structure.
- A generous health, dental and vision benefits package
- A challenging, fulfilling career with co-workers who interact within the framework of Respect, Trust and Serve
- Career development and Leadership development programs and opportunities
- Flexible work hours