Our low turnover rate, challenging work, great client relationships, and team environment create a high morale environment with lots of opportunity to innovate, grow in your career and never get bored!
At Computronix, we believe in strong relationships with our clients. For over 30 years, we have listened to our clients and given them what they've asked for: high-quality customer service, ethical business practices, and superior software. Our POSSE Enterprise Work Management software is an industry-leading solution that allows State, County and City government agencies the ability to streamline and automate their workflow in order to meet the needs of their citizens.
As a member of the Computronix development team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment. You will contribute technical expertise to design, develop, implement or support Computronix software solutions.
The Senior Software Developer is part of a team of developers working toward a successful implementation of our web-based workflow management solutions. This role requires advanced knowledge and skill in a variety of technologies, with a strong emphasis in Oracle relational databases. Because our solutions are built on an Oracle database platform, Computronix strongly prefers developers who also have database management experience. Ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently, as well as with a team of developers in a dynamic environment.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to perform full cycle software development including design, code, test, and debug of complex software programs
- Experience in developing applications in conjunction with Oracle databases and familiarity with relational database concepts
- Prefer database management experience (Oracle 10g and up), with respect to tuning, performance, monitoring, implementation capacity planning, space management and reorganization, backup and recovery, and quality assurance.
- Develop specification for all but the most complex programming applications
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to collaborate to create innovative solutions for difficult problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Leadership qualities: Integrity, respect, trust, service, attention to detail, timeline sensitivity, goal-oriented, motivator, technical/analytical
- Experience with Windows OS and Windows Server OS. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio) will be helpful.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience and training.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience software programming experience with at least 3 years as a senior developer/lead developer.
- Prefer some experience in a software consulting company.
Candidates must be willing to work in our Edmonton office
We offer in return:
- A competitive pay scale supplemented by a well-defined project bonus structure.
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- A challenging, fulfilling career with co-workers who interact within the framework of Respect, Trust and Serve.