The Private Capital Solutions (PCS) National Manager is critical to the delivery of exemplary services and investor/stakeholder experience. The incumbent will be relied upon to contribute to the growth and development of the PCS business. In this role, the Manager will directly lead and coach 2 - 3 Team Leaders (and indirectly their teams) in the Toronto and Vancouver branches.
The ideal candidate has advanced understanding of Registered Plan products, ideally in the exempt market space; is a strong leader, self-starter, independent, and has an extraordinary ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage teams virtually. He/she must partner with various teams, both intra and interdepartmental, to develop/deliver solutions that will ensure the highest quality of service is achieved and consistently maintained. Focus must be on developing synergistic teams, ensuring processes and procedures are up-to-date, building best practices and internal controls and achieving key performance metrics, while maintaining strong relationships. The candidate must also ensure teams maintain current on all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements related to PCS products as well as general industry, regulatory, audit, risk and compliance requirements.
- Lead, develop and manage Team Leaders (and indirectly teams), including coaching, recruitment, training and performance management.
- Oversee daily trustee operations including registered and non-registered plan administration, monthly/quarterly reporting, liaise with external custodians and other financial institutions, collaborate with internal departments and act as a point of escalation for the team.
- Analyze current processes with a keen eye for increasing efficiency, provide recommendations for improvement, and develop new ideas and procedures.
- Coordinates the resolution of more complex or non-routine client issues or inquiries with a view of root cause, preventative measures and best practice.
- Work with PCS teams, Business Analyst, technical teams and vendor relationships to review/define current/future state business requirements; and implement new and/or modify systems to meet functional requirements and accommodate changing business demands
- Serve as liaison between back office operations, front office (relationship management team), sales team and senior management through the management of day to day business operations.
- Maintain the highest possible level of morale in the department so that the culture is one of mutual respect and cooperation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the team's service to clients/stakeholders for the purpose of improving overall client experience.
- Responsible to make sure that all programs and projects meet assigned goals and objectives
- Perform audits/review and any additional duties, as necessary.
Strategic Initiatives & Budget
- Leads and/or participates in project teams as required for new initiatives and process improvements, financial analysis and regularly examine department activities, process flows and back-up processes to ensure adherence to required/target deadlines.
- Identify and/or execute on projects or opportunities to enhance the service and experience we provide to our internal and external customers.
- Participates in and provide input into new business RFPs, onboarding of new clients etc.
- Contribute to budget, variance analysis, expense reduction etc.
Audit, Risk & Compliance
- Understand and enforce team compliance with Corporate policy and procedures, regulatory, audit, risk and compliance requirements; and ensure business controls in all operational activities
- Will be called upon to work directly with auditors, risk and compliance and other internal or external parties.
- Advanced problem solving skills, sound judgement, and extensive experience to analyze information and contribute to the development of appropriate solutions in conjunction with PCS management team.
- Strong understanding of stakeholder relationships, process flows and requirements to lead business process improvement efforts.
- Strong understanding of risks and internal controls; adherence to compliance responsibilities.
- Must be able to read more complex material such as corporate policies and procedures, government issued documentation (i.e. legislations), audit reports and technical system documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balances customer needs (internal or external) and business requirements, using sound problem solving and decision-making skills while adhering to company policy as well as securities laws and regulations.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to recognize and adapt to changing priorities.
- A hardworking and positive attitude with a willingness to take ownership in the role.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and manage conflict resolution
- Able to adapt to change in the work environment, manage competing demands and work with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills required
- Position requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Dependable/punctual, acting mentor and role model
- High school graduation - preferably college or university
- Securities Industry & Financial Services certifications would be an asset
- At least 5 years of financial services experience, ideally Registered Plans management experience;
- Well-rounded knowledge of the securities industry is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Private Capital Exempt Market space an asset;
- A good working knowledge of CRA and Trustee Registered Plan rules;
- At least 3 - 5 years of people management experience including coaching, mentoring, performance management, recruiting and training.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications; ability to develop PowerPoint presentations, professional reports, and advanced level of excel features
- Sharepoint and SSRS experience an asset.
- Knowledge of Broadridge Dataphile, Aton and Fundserv are assets.
Location: Toronto or Vancouver
Job Type: Full-time