We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Customer Service Agent (No Sales) at our downtown Montreal offices.
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values – Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage – drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
As a Bilingual Customer Service Agent within our Asset Reunification department based out of the downtown Montreal office, you will be responsible for placing outbound phone calls and/or email/fax communications to locate lost shareholders and support Georgeson’s services in a call center environment. You will have the opportunity to develop case by case specific research strategies and plans to find lost shareholders and drive revenue as well as conduct analysis and research on shareholder registration information and provide legal requirements advice for stock transfer.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- 8 hour shifts (including lunch of 30 minutes) from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm. There are occasional shifts of 12pm-8pm (approximately 2-3 times a month and scheduled in advance)
Hourly rate of $21.00
- No weekends
- Medical and dental insurance as of first day of employment
- Life & Disability insurance
- Health Spending Accounts
- Wellness programs
- Paid time off – Accrue 4 weeks your first year!
- Optional Group RRSP
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- $1000 referral bonus*
- Prime downtown location accessible by McGill metro station
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, and more…
- Reunite shareholders with their assets by performing outbound calls and responding to inbound inquiries to validate leads and generate mailings
- Manage assigned accounts and build relationships with institutional account holders
- Drive revenue through quality research of designated accounts for increased profitability
- Create effective research strategies to increase profitability and client satisfaction
- Provide high level assistance in the stock transfer process by offering advice and direction on legal requirements for participation and directions to available support resources
- Effectively handle multiple assignments, deadlines and priorities
- Keep up to date on Client/Program specifics, business strategy changes, and legal updates
- Effectively and professionally resolve customer complaints
- Meet all targets for Productivity, Quality, Attendance, Schedule Adherence, and Code of Conduct
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Good knowledge of PC applications: word processing, excel and e-mail is required
- Must have ability to work from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm with occasional shifts of 12pm-8pm
- Excellent communication skills in English is required. French is preferred but not required.
- Positive and professional communication skills
- Ability to handle challenging conversations with stakeholders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 1 year of call centre experience is required
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is typical of an open office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
To learn more, visit us at www.computershare.com/mycareer.
Your career is waiting.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.