Title: Staff Accountant/Student Accounts
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the following: maintains and controls accounting the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization policies and procedures, coordinates and operates accounting, taxation, data control, accounts payable, and contract functions of CSI and affiliates. Regularly prepares financial statements and various financial reports.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure sufficient fiscal controls to safeguard funds while allowing the institutions to accomplish their mission.
- Coordinates financial statements, annual financial reports, audit activities, and other information reports and requests; ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Provides assistance to campus personnel regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, implementation of new practices and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of and implements changes based on institutional policies and procedures, federal policies and directives, and current accounting practices which directly or indirectly impact CSI.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Two years experience in related field