The Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) is seeking a detail-oriented, creative, and dependable part-time meetings & events intern to work with association staff beginning in January 2020 through July 2020. Reporting to the Event Manager, the intern will provide a variety of support functions related to CSTA events including but not limited to the CSTA 2020 conference in July 2020. The ideal candidate will currently be an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in communication, public relations, event management, hospitality and/or a related field.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Perform administrative tasks associated with meetings and events, such as event design research, event sourcing, budget creation, attendee registration, and event materials creation
- Manage travel logistics and messaging for staff, committee members, scholarship winners, and board members for the conference
- Manage communications and details for CSTA scholarship winners and conference presenters
- Draft marketing and promotional content for conference advertising
- Assist members and attendees with their event registrations
- Have a desire to learn about the not-for-profit trade association profession
- Have a desire to learn event planning and event management skills
- Responds to external member and attendee inquiries through management of several CSTA general inboxes
- Brainstorm creative ideas/activities to enhance the attendee experience at CSTA 2020 and appeal to different generations.
- Participate in meetings with CSTA staff members to prepare for CSTA 2020
- Be able to travel to CSTA 2020, July 11-15, 2020, in Arlington, VA. CSTA will pay for travel expenses, lodging, and will reimburse meals in alignment with the CSTA travel policy. Some overtime and overnight stay for CSTA 2020 in Arlington, VA, is required.
- Assist the event manager with the onsite execution of the conference
- Have excellent written and verbal skills
- Have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management software. Ability to learn new software, such as Cvent and MemberNova, quickly
- Show punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments
- Be able to manage multiple deadlines
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned
At the end of the internship, the student will be able to:
- Manage travel and registration logistics for a large group of VIPs
- Work proficiently in leading event and non-profit software systems including, but not limited to, Cvent, Boomset, Asana, and Member Nova
- Practice excellent customer service skills
- Create a proposal for innovative event design and experiences
- Contribute to building an event plan and execute the plan onsite
- Manage relationships with a variety of professional vendors
- Manage a digital check-in process and onsite event registration
- Work cross-functionally and communicate with the leadership, board, committee, and volunteers of an international non-profit to ensure overall alignment with organizational objectives
- Execute an event marketing plan across multiple communications channels
- Craft content for a variety of attendee types and turn them into conference influencers
- Internship dates: January 21, 2020 - July 31, 2020. Paid travel required during July.
- Flexible work days during work week.
- January - April: 10 hours per week
- May - July: 10-15 hours per week
- Travel required July 9-15, 2020, to Arlington, Virginia. CSTA will pay for travel expenses, lodging, and will reimburse meals in alignment with the CSTA travel policy. Some overtime and overnight stay for CSTA 2020 in Arlington, Virginia is required.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /year
- Chicago, IL 60601 (Required)
Company's Facebook page: