Mooresville based computer service and repair company is looking for a full-time experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting team and to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting needs. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are important qualifications, as well as the ability to communicate clearly.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Carry out assigned responsibilities as a team member of the Accounting Department.
- Assist within the Accounting Department which will enable others to spend a greater portion of their time on Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, prepare, and send invoices to customers for the delivery of goods and/or services rendered.
- Perform daily financial transactions which include classifying, computing, posting, verifying, recording and reconciling accounts receivable data (to quotes, change orders, projects, emails, etc.).
- Respond to billing questions from customers, verifying discrepancies and resolving their billing issues.
- Maintain the inventory control system by creating, defining and documenting the process of inventory movement across all inventory sites in order to minimize inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain the barcoding process for inventory control.
- Complete Sales and Use Tax calculations for multiple counties within the state and file monthly.
- Produce the invoice breakdown spreadsheet semi-monthly, refining the spreadsheet as variables change.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Process customer credit card charges, calculating credit card transaction fees when applicable.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects when assigned (marketing, price increases, internal communication, job descriptions, etc.).
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data and in the use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must communicate well.
- Must have exceptional work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
A minimum of 10 years' experience in accounting is required.
All applicants must live within an 18 mile radius of I-77 exit 33.
Primary hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please send an email with an updated resume, contact information and salary expectations if you feel that you would make a good addition to our company.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour