Computer Generated Solutions, Inc.
Position: Software Developer
Established in 1984, Computer Generated Solutions, Inc. (CGS) is a leader in providing outsourcing services to businesses worldwide. Please visit www.cgsinc.com to learn more about our company.
Onsite at client location; Stellarton, Nova Scotia
This position is open to qualified applicants located or willing to relocate to Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
We are looking for a Software Developer that is self-motivated to learn new technologies and looking to advance their skills. The Software Developer will perform programming and problem-solving analysis to help the internal Application and Development department achieve the corporate objectives towards our client’s vision, mission, values, strategic plan, and goals.
- 3 - 5 years Application/Development Experience
- Integration work with IBM software stack
Cloud experience – AWS, Azure
API management and creation
Experience with J2EE, Java, Linux.
EDI mapping skills an asset, not a requirement
Deliver assigned computer applications by taking responsibility for the application development, status reports and communication with users and IT department staff
Translate requirements into effective sets of programs and procedures and to assist with the implementation of the resulting computer applications
- Produce computer programs according to functional specifications and development corporate standards
- To maintain existing production system technical documentation, program specifications and computer programs to correct errors, increase operating efficiency and implement new requirements
- Design, document, perform and verify unit test, to ensure the quality of functional components and ensure accurate operation of program prior to delivery
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, 2-year programming degree from a community college, or equivalent experience.
Please forward your resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line (Software Developer) to LTiangco@cgsinc.ca
CGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.