The HR Manager manages & participates in the planning, developing, recommending and implementing of HR activities, policies, procedures & programs. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits administration, compensation, organizational development, recruitment, and terminations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets and communicates human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations for employees and managers.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of employee relations issues - employee dissatisfaction, harassment allegations, unemployment claims, etc.
- Gathers information on employees' attitudes and feeling about worker morale, motivation & efficiency and report findings to management.
- Plans, coordinates & prepares internal communication activities related to the HR function.
- Oversees full cycle recruitment program - create job descriptions, post jobs, conduct interviews, negotiate job offers and onboarding.
- Administers all benefit programs - medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), wellness programs, etc.
- Responsible for employee orientation and onboarding program.
- Maintain employee files & HRIS, manage all confidential employee information.
- Create & conduct training programs as needed for managers.
- Responsible for policy review, development, and documentation.
- Manages employee terminations, including involuntary terminations and workforce reductions. Conducts exit interviews with all employees who voluntarily terminate their employment with the company and reports finding to VPs and Directors.
- Develop & maintain departmental organizational charts.
- Assist with payroll functions.
*Will perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Work Experience, Certifications, Skills):
- Minimum 4 years of general HR experience or work as an HR Generalist in all functional areas is required.
- Undergraduate degree in HR or Business required, graduate degree or PHR a plus.
- Prior experience with ADP HRB, WorkForce Now and EZ Labor modules and
applications extremely helpful.
- Previous experience in recruiting for tech positions (Web Programmers, Database
Analysts, Java Developers, Android Developers, etc.) extremely helpful.
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated application of federal, state, and local
- Strong analytic, communication, and process management skills.
- Adaptive and responsive to change, motivated, positive, trustworthy and dependable.
- Must be able to work independent of immediate supervision and meet all deliverables within the specified time frame.
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills; must be able to perform under pressure,
prioritize, meet deadlines and consistently maintain professionalism.
Job Type: Full-time
- hr generalist: 4 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 4 years (Required)