CompuSave Computers, Norwich ON
Every business requires reliable IT infrastructure to operate efficiently. By leveraging cutting-edge, dependable technology solutions, information flows smoothly and productivity increases.
For over 15 years, CompuSave Computers (http://compusave.ca/) has been in the business of putting our clients at ease with the technology they rely on. We provide every one of our clients with the exceptional knowledge, service, and products they require to thrive in a modern business environment.
We’re a small team of professionals, dedicated to providing client-centric IT solutions to our residential, farm and small business clients. This is where you come in. We are looking to expand our team.
If you obtain satisfaction from seeing small businesses expand their reach by having the power to work smarter, from anywhere; you may have found your dream career. CompuSave is looking for a skilled technician with extensive IT talent who strives to provide forward-thinking solutions to our broad range of clientele.
You’ve got your head “in the cloud” - but your feet on the ground! Technology is your passion; you want to utilize your expertise to satisfy your clients. You are dedicated, understand the needs of small businesses, and possess the skills required to provide exceptional, professional customer service. Your goal is to seamlessly roll-out continuity and productivity solutions to our small business clients, through the cloud services available from CompuSave.
Your biggest asset in this role will be your ability to develop strong relationships with clients. You love working with people - building their trust by providing solutions to their IT challenges and leaving them satisfied with your friendly and confident approach.
An ideal member of our team is:
* Technically Advanced – you have substantial experience and knowledge with a wide array of hardware & software solutions – allowing you to be a part of the “external IT department” to a variety of client types each day.
* Customer Focused – the success of your clients is of utmost importance, and you obtain tremendous satisfaction from solving an issue or implementing a new solution that will help our customers operate their business more efficiently.
* A Proficient Problem Solver – you can diagnose and solve almost any problem and are dedicated to finding solutions. You love multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks at hand while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Honest and Ethical – you always work in the customer’s best interest, even when that means giving them bad news. You work hard to become a trusted source of expertise, and always work with integrity.
The ultimate candidate will feel confident performing all of the tasks which they may encounter during a typical work-week at CompuSave Computers. The variety of tasks could be similar to this:
* Offering educated advice & recommendations for small business networks
* Configuring & maintaining workstations & network devices for small business clients (up to 50 employees)
* Recommending, configuring & monitoring data integrity solutions: including local & cloud backups
* Planning & executing a company-wide email migration from a local Exchange environment or hosted CPanel to Office 365. Including updates to MX Records, DNS, etc.
* Implementing cloud solutions – including but not limited to centrally managed security, Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint
* Configuring secure remote access solutions including VPN, Remote Desktop, etc.
* Setting up or troubleshooting a long-range wireless network - sharing Internet and network resources between multiple buildings on a property
* Providing sales assistance to clients looking to purchase a laptop, desktop, printer, ink & toner, cables and other peripherals for their corporate or home use
* Disassembling notebooks to replace LCD panels, extract HDDs, replace DC jacks or reapply thermal paste
* Configuring a peer-to-peer network in a home-based business to allow multi-user accounting access and file sharing
* Troubleshooting problems with failing Windows updates, performing removal of viruses & spyware from infected computers, completing basic install of productivity or security software
All-in-all, each day and every week will be filled with an exciting variety of tasks, allowing you to utilize your extensive IT skills. If you’re ready to further your IT career with a growing technology company, we want to hear from you.
Working @ CompuSave Computers
We maintain a highly collaborative culture, where ideas are shared, no two days are exactly alike, and learning opportunities are abundant.
This is a full-time permanent position. You’ll work Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM and Saturday’s from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on a rotating basis. There is potential of some earlier starts or evening hours from time to time as per our clients’ needs. The salary range for this position is $20 - $30/hour commensurate with experience. Part of your time each week will be spent visiting business clients on site, so you will need regular access to a reliable vehicle, which we will compensate on a per kilometer basis.
We’re a small company, and we’re passionate about what we do. If you’re looking to build or continue your career in a place where you can make a real, meaningful contribution, and you enjoy connecting with others, then this is the role for you.
You’re an early to mid-career IT professional with a passion for learning, a drive to succeed and terrific customer service abilities.
* Well-rounded knowledge and previous experience of hardware & software troubleshooting for small business & residential clients
* Confident in ability to provide sensible network solutions to increase productivity & network reliability for small business clients
* Experience implementing cloud solutions in small business networks (Office 365, Exchange Online, Cloud Sharing, Cloud Backups)
* A good understanding of website and email hosting configuration
* Knowledge & familiarity in configuration of long-range wireless solutions
* You must have access to your own vehicle to conduct client site visits
* Computer Systems Technician, A+, Network+ or other IT certifications an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received, giving priority to those who have completed the assessment. We look forward to hearing from you.