The Institutional Securities Documentation team is looking for a documentation negotiator with a focus on commodity-related master trading documentation (including ISDA Agreements, EEI and NAESB) for a variety of commodity products. The role involves collaborating with various areas of the Firm, interacting with external clients, and negotiating different types of derivatives and non-derivatives documentation. The team member will prepare and negotiate ISDA schedules, various ISDA annexes, NAESBs, EEIs, credit support annexes, bespoke physical master agreements, guarantees and ancillary documents for a variety of client types. The candidate will work closely with business professionals across the firm, as well as with external counsel and clients. The primary objective will be to execute master agreements in an effective and efficient manor. Agreements are heavily negotiated.
The timely, consistent and effective negotiation, review, and drafting of master agreements (using both English and New York law) upon request from the Business Unit to help facilitate their business.
Liaise with Credit, Risk, Legal, Sales, Operations, Tax and other internal groups to ensure that the appropriate terms are included in all agreements for the effective protection in line with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Communicating with clients and external counsel.
- Understanding and adhering to established procedures.
- Converse with clients regarding client’s position in master agreements
- Keeping work-in-progress records up to date.
- Keeping informed of business and regulatory developments as they impact on the way in which the business operates
- Bachelor’s Degree (required); Law Degree (preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience in the financial industry, a law firm or other relevant area reviewing, drafting and negotiating Master Agreement trading documentation
- Strong knowledge of the ISDA Master Agreement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas and forge strong relationships internally and with external clients
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a team of diverse individuals
- Must be mature and professional
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work independently and to perform consistently and respond creatively in a high volume fast paced and changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgement and integrity