At CLA we create inspired careers .
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities . We promise to know you and help you.
This is why we’ve created our business operations (BizOps) practice!
If you answer YES to these questions, then our BizOps practice could be a great fit for you!
- Do you have an accounting background but are bored of doing the same tasks each month for just one company?
- Do you crave variety in the type of work you do and the clients you serve?
- Do you like to travel to clients and thrive during face-to-face interactions?
- Do you want the stability and backing of a top 10 national firm?
CLA is looking to hire a senior accountant for our growing BizOps practice in Tampa, Florida .
As a senior accountant , you will:
- Support multiple clients, software, and chart of accounts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Oversee BizOps Staff and manage the accounting function for smaller clients.
- Complete non-complex account reconciliations (i.e. bank & credit card reconciliations, prepaids, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, accruals)
- Complete complex account reconciliations (investments, debt, industry specific, etc.)
- Prepare, understand and review financial statements (basic to complex)
- Review of General Ledger, cashflow; allocations, etc.
- Understand business/organization operations of the client
- Create process and procedure documentation, building his/her own backup.
- Other Quarterly or Annual Processing: Sales Tax Returns, Form 1099’s, audit Workpaper preparation, Tax Return Workpaper preparation and other forms or items as requested by clients.
- Special Projects: Assist with projects for internal audit, due diligence, system selection, and other consulting projects.
- Develop broader understanding of GAAP for his/her specific chosen industry.
Our ideal candidate will have :
- Three years of work experience as Staff Accountant or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or an Associate’s degree/Accounting Certificate in Accounting plus 5 years of accounting experience may be considered as a Bachelor’s degree equivalent.
- Thorough technical knowledge of accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Intacct, Xero, Bill.com, Expensify) and other applicable software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience reviewing and preparing financial statements.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- CPA (current or pursuing) preferred.
- Ability to travel to local client sites as needed.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.