The investment banking practice of CLA is searching for an intern for the summer of 2019 to join our M&A team. This position may require frequent overtime during the duration of the internship. Job responsibilities include:
Preferred candidates will have a combination of:
· Strong GPA in their chosen major (preferably Finance, Economics, Business Management, and/or Accounting); have or be working towards Bachelors degree.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong orientation to a team work atmosphere and the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
· High level of knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
· Keen ability and eagerness to learn sell-side M&A Advisory
Key Behavioral Competencies:
The Intern must possess several key personal effectiveness traits to be successful. These include a high degree of passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness. Actions and behaviors that are the foundation of successful careers at CLA are broadly defined below.
· Leading with Impact: Sets an example and exhibits behaviors for others to emulate.
· Ownership Mindset: Engineers productive change and positive results.
· Entrepreneurial Grit: Expresses new ideas to creatively and innovatively deliver quality service.
· Client Excellence: Understands the client’s perspective and helps others to complete high quality work.
· People Development: Takes ownership of career development and begins mentoring others.
· Clear Communication: Engages others through effective communication methods.
· Teamwork & Collaboration: Encourages collaboration and actively solicits the ideas and opinions of others.
· Growing the Business: Focuses efforts on managing work and key client relationships to meet or exceed client expectations. Is aware of CLA services, networks internally, and begins to identify client needs.
The Investment Analyst reports directly to the M&A and Investment Banking lead principal and interacts on a regular basis with Principals, Directors, Managers, Seniors, and Associates.
This position will require <20 % travel
Physical Requirements :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 5 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Individuals in client-serving positions must be able to travel to/from client sites, as required.
Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Client environments may vary, depending on services provided, but most, if not all, work will be performed in a traditional office setting under normal working conditions.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.